This is my first program with wxPython (a Python GUI module), version 4.0 of a program I wrote a while ago when I was learning Tkinter (a slightly less nifty Python GUI module).
It’s a fairly simple plain-text editor, shown here with the Help menu opened:
It has all the basic features found in programs such as Notepad, but with a few extra nifty functions:
- 1337-speak translation! Both ways!
- Word and line counter - counts words and lines in the whole document or just a selection
- Append function to allow you to insert another file into the current one
- Helpful startup tips (which can be turned off if they annoy you:p)
- Splash screen:D
- Preferences dialog to customise how the program runs (very simple at the moment)
- Files can be printed
- It show the time in the corner of the screen!
- Spiffy toolbar for easy access to the main functions
- Almost infinite undo/redo (it’s limited to 1000 steps, but it’s unlikely that’ll be a problem:P)
- Search and search/replace
And possibly some other ones that I forgot.
Anyway, the Windows installer package is here (I promise there aren’t any viruses;)).
The source code can be found in all it’s 939-line glory here - it’s a zip as there are a few other files needed to run it. You’ll also need Python and wxPython installed.
Tell me if you find any bugs, although there shouldn’t be as I’ve done quite a lot of testing:yes: