Type in BGE?

I was searching through the forums to see some peoples games and I saw a post by Linkxgl (I hope that’s how you spell it) and saw that he was able to type in a user name at the beginning. I searched the forums in hopes for a tutorial but found nothing. I am not a HUGE noob with blender, but there are some things I don’t know. So if any one can help me that would be great! Thanks in advance.
-Fabled Face

Check out this tutorial by blendenzo (you might want to bookmark his site, while you’re at it).

The site tells me there’s a plugin missing, but the page seems complete to me, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

for some reason this will not work for me :frowning: Any other ideas?)

I made a video tutorial:
Typing Tutorial

Just check youtube or google.

Thank you so much! You’re my hero, Linkxgl! Thanks man!

Now I just need to know how to save andload different profiles…

Basic saving tutorial:
Save

Basic Loading tutorial:
Load

I also made these…
Um, those tutorials don’t use globalDict, but it’ll make it a lot easier and give you the idea of how loading and saving works!

Thanks again, man! You’re awesome!

Does any one have a better save script? The one that Linkxgl provided was fine but is there a better one? I am not trying to copy his game in any way, but I would like to have a saving system like that. Any ideas?

In the game that I am making when you start the game engine you see a pinkish screen and the words tellling you to push SPACE BAR for a new game, and ENTER to load a game. If you push enter it says “Username?”. If you type in “default” it will open up a default game. I want to know how to make it so when some one starts a new game, then saves it with there own username, that username will open up the game to where they saved. How could I do this?