Typevariant House, autumnal & winter theme

featured

(enricoceric) #21

I never export such a scene in one big obj file, quite unmanageable. I usually export several object groups and link them in the Octane Standalone, much faster when you change something and much more easy to control everything. Also working this way, you could hide the part you shouldn’t render to fast up the rendering. For the camera I create all of them directly in the standalone, this way I can fine tune the view angle :wink:

(GarageFarm.NET) #22

I am now in the process of making a tutorial on modeling such things using modeling cloth addon. Pretty cool tool for fabric basemeshes. For fine details - sculpting and textures (bump maps etc) and you can get pretty far with it. Will post the tutorial on blender artists as soon it’s out (which is quite soon)

Jarek D(DJ)

(enricoceric) #23

Ho, something I forgot to mention, for the bed and clothes in general, I used Marvelous Designer.

I really don’t like tutorials, especially video tutorials, I find them to long, so I avoid them and really can’t help on this. I rather prefer to find tips based on the result I want to reach and usually googling helps me. That said I discovered Blender by playing around with provided functions in versions available since 2005. I’m far from being an expert but I usually say, if you know what you want to do, you’ll find how to do it :wink:

(enricoceric) #24

Will have to consider this one :wink:
Thanks for the tip.

(xumu) #25

Looking forward for your tutorial! I have tried that addon before, it’s pretty cool but not very friendly, I mean sometimes you have to change the parameter from 0.0001 to 0.00015, and the weird way for controlling the simulation… for many reasons I wasn’t able to use it properly, so really hope someone can make a tutorial for that.

Now my workflow for cushion is sculpting on the base shape mesh with a a brush with texture ( anchored stroke and also space stroke with rake option turned on, sometimes also line stroke), this methods work quite well for adding some wrinkle to a hard (full) cushion, but not suitable for soft ones. I really hope when you make that tutorial you can mention that kind of situation, for example a very soft cushion fell on a sofa and became bended etc. can’t wait to see your tutorial!

(xumu) #26

Maybe Marvelous Designer is really the best and only resolution for simulating clothes ( if not mentioned clo3d, but almost the same thing), I will try to learn that software.

I don’t like video tutorials neither, I agreed with you that they are usually too long. My problem is that I can’t always find useful tips on google, so I wondered if there was a better way to learn Blender. but now I understood that 13 years of experience on using and discovering Blender is better than any other tutorial and lessons, I am new to Blender and I used it for only sevrals months, I hope that after 10 years I could reach your level. I like your works a lot, not only for your render technic or modelling but especially for you taste and style, thanks for sharing your work on this community!

(Calzaath) #27

This is so nice. :slight_smile:

(G. Casqueiro) #28

Great work! Congrats! :sunglasses:

(GarageFarm.NET) #29

" I’m far from being an expert " a really modest thing to say :), worthy of a real expert !

(Maxence Leret d'Aubigny) #30

Excellent work congrats!

(tomiv87) #31

Nice! I also had to model snow clumps on top of the bushes at work about year ago. I wish I would’ve figured this method out while I did sculpt those, and it’s a lot of work.

Veryyyy nice renders!

(arifoxs) #32

Good results, I just want to know, what graphics card do you use? use SLI, or you use CPU Render

(enricoceric) #33

I have 3 GTX1070 without SLI as Octane doesn’t support it. CPU is not used for rendering at all.

(lloyd709) #34

Fantastic renders but have to say IMO (as a photographer - I do actually make my living at it) a little more contrast would take them a tad closer to photorealistic (if that is what you are after). At the moment they look a little like photos that have had an HDR effect applied which is not realistic (but a trendy photographic effect at the moment) and which can make real pictures look like CGI!

(Bart Veldhuizen) #35

I’ve featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

(enricoceric) #36

Thanks Lloyd709, for sure some postpro would have improved the contrast, btw I used atmospheric material and it tends to envelop the whole scene with a white foggy filter.

(enricoceric) #37

Cool :wink:
Thanks Bart

(rombout) #38

Clever setup. DId you also added subsuf or anything?!

Lovely images! some got a bit strong haze, but it does add to the images. Very lovely colors

I do find that the shadows look weird in some images. Especially around the leaves, something is off. Is it perhaps the translucency or something?

(rombout) #39

So for the trees and branches you probably use weight painting than or not? That way you can get those soft sport on the trees. Though it doesn mean everyhing needs to be done manually or do you have a better workflow for it?

(enricoceric) #40

For the trees and branches is all another story and this was probably the more fastidious work and I’m not totally satisfied. I first selected some faces from top view using the circle select tool then created a new object from them and applied several modifiers like subsurf, solidifier, shrinkwrap on some vertices to created holes and finally some displacement. As said lot of processes for an approximate result :wink: