Tyrant 's sketches[Update 13-01-22] -Nudity Warning

These are awesome, I really need to get back on the ball and study more again :smiley: Thank you for sharing these, inspiring and educational as well

@xrg thanks man, I think I also want to get The Loomis books in print. I started with and I’m still using PDF’s. I read the comments on the new books and it seems the are of a very good quality. But because I don’t live in the USA and order from Amazon(USA) the current Rand/US exchange rate is not doing me any favours.

@Michael W I’m very slowly trying to bring back more of my own drawings. I actually started the whole thing(500 bad drawings) because drawing from imagination was a chore for me. I came to the conclusion that my fundamentals were not in place. So this is like practicing musical scales for me at the moment. I think I can now handle the basic naked mannkin and head so the should be more pages of my own stuff soon.

@michalis I would have started a ‘bad sculpting’ sketch book but my powerful computer on which I could actually sculpt on is dead. Its an oldish computer so I have to now buy new Ram, a new CPU and Motherboard so no sculpting for me until the end of the year. Also digital painting I can only do with mypaint as it’s the only program light enough to run.

@Craig Jones thanks for the kind words. studies really help the are slow and painful to do but now when I look at some of my older work I can spot where I was going wrong before I would have looked and not really been able to see what was wrong.

Strictly for the comic book nerds

I must be as blind as a bat. I am a big fan of Mike Mignola’s work, the creator of Hellboy, and I didn’t notice this one:o. I often go to second hand book shops and pick up old comics some times I buy them just for their covers I bought one such Detective Comics book three years ago. Two days ago while cleaning out my collection of books, magazines and comics I noticed the signature on the cover.

The book is about 25 years old so this is before Hellboy came out. I wish he penciled the book as well. The cover art is da bomb but the rest of the book’s art sucks major ass.

Now if only I could find some of Todd McFarlene’s Spider-Man covers…

I never had a Todd McFarlane Spider-Man. I have the early issues of Spawn still though. I also have that Jim Lee X-Men; pricetag on that thing was steep, but it’s probably what the normal books cost now days. Jim Lee was always my favorite back then.

I got out of them in the early/mid-90’s since they oversaturated the market to cash in on people collecting them. It was too tough for a broke teenager to keep up. :frowning:

When you can’t blend you draw. the lack of a powerful computer means I will have nothing to do over the next few months but 2D stuff. I’m learning how to use mypaint, which is currently kicking my butt.

Big sketch dump

Bad Drawing 105 - Master Study

Bad Drawing 106 - Arm studies from Bridgeman

Bad Drawing 107 - Head from imagination

I need to do more of these, a real test of what you know when you don’t have reference to fall back on. also first time I have used Mypaint for painting not just sketching. These where done with my own Brushes, I don’t have them behaving 100% well.

1 Like

More Bad Drawings

Bad drawing 108 - After Bridgeman

Bad drawing - 109 - Rogers Peck gotta understand the bones

Bad drawing - 110 - Rogers Peck more bones

The month of of August is young, my mini goals for this month is to take part in one Conceptart.org CHOW, do at least two digital still life paintings, learn one point perspective and some bone studies thrown in as well.

Great update. Is that first one a Frank Frazetta? Looks like one of his voluptuous girls.

yup its a Frazetta study

Oh man, I saw your signature in another thread and came to check out your progress. I love these threads where you can see the natural progression of hard work and the drive to become better. So inspiring! You have improved so much in such a quantifiable manner. Keep it up! I’m loving it so far.

You call this bad? Haven’t you seen my concept draw? :lol:

@indy_logic thanks for the kind words. I never used to keep my art work now I am glad I do. I’m also glad I decided to go on this long journey, 1/5 done another 4/5 remains, every time I feel down and think I am not making any progress I look back where I started and do one more drawing.

@BloodyEl that made me laugh thanks. I cheat a little by calling them bad drawings it takes the pressure off trying to make them perfect. I’m always aiming to improve and learn with each one but I also know that the don’t have to be perfect. I have about 390 more drawings to get it right.

I didn’t want to let these pile up on my HDD, I’m having one of those periods were I’m more productive so gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Bad Drawing number 111 - After Bridgeman a man’s gotta learn

Bad Drawing number 112 - bone studies and learning a bit of mypaint

I learnt a few things with Bad drawing number 12-Mypaints comes with a bunch of sucky erasers (soft and hard) gotta make my own; my hard round brush still sucks, blenders are cool gotta make me a blend and paint round and flat, mypaint’s soft round sucks as well and the airbrush don’t seem to be airbrush just very soft brushes.

whoever thought making a brush or eraser work outside of its cursor border needs a serious hiding. Next up two still lifes as soon as I get those erasers sorted Plus I gotta start working on this week’s CHOW.

That thing annoys me in MyPaint too. The cursor has a size limit far below what the brush is. So at large sizes, the brush spills out. I use this eraser but it’ll have the same problem if you increase it too large.

great to see this continues and continues… and the progress is well ween, keep going, you are so inspiring and get better each time :slight_smile:

I think I tried that eraser or the one to the right can’t remember. Didn’t like them on their defaults settings because of the harsh opacity curve it erasers at 100% with so little pressure. I think I am too used to the photoshop eraser that has a kinder opacity response. I’ve been playing around with my own eraser since yesterday its about 60% of where I want it to be. It’s a great app that has a pretty shallow learning curve but boy the are too many gotchas lurking in there.

@doris thanks for the kind words I will keep on rolling

Nice update! I am also study drawing human body :smiley:

@thanks for the kind words you’re an art demon with anime style art, I should definitely try out that style.

I wasn’t going to post until I had finished another two works in the pipeline a pelvis study and my CHOW entry. The CHOW entry is kicking my butt so I thought rather than letting these rot on my HDD I will post them.

Bad Drawing Number 113 after Bridgeman - arms are slowing starting to make more sense now

Bad Drawing Number 114 I have been reading Gurney’s Color and Light but reading aren’t learning so I did some sphere lighting exercises. Gonna start doing more lighting studies.

Bad Drawing Number 115 another Bridgeman arm study

Time to get back to drawing CHOW awaits.

Update time, I am going to study hard and start aiming for more updates in a month.

Bad Drawing Number 116 - after Bridgeman forearms

Bad Drawing Number 117 - another Bridgeman study

Bad Drawing Number 118 - more

continued…

Bad Drawing number 119

Bad Drawing number 120- we gotta put this shit to use some time, I took part in my first CHOW over at conceptart.org. I am skipping this weeks challenge, Hag Countess, to focus on some studies. I want to see how much of this anatomy crap I have been studying my arse off with I can now draw from imagination, I also need to do some heads from imagination.

I solemnly swear not to upload any Bridgeman studies for the next 5 posts all from the imagination.

???10???4???,??? ?? ??????,??? ??? ??????,??? ???? ???,puma ??????,prada ??? ???,www.gidel.com/contact_top.asp? ???DF???,???6???,??? ??? 90???,mcm ???? ???,http://www.agentshield.com/HowItWorks.php???23???,air jordan ?????,??? 996? ???: ??? ??? ???

Draw some arm bones from imagination

Bad Drawing number 121

the sucked, so I did some corrections