Tyrant 's sketches[Update 13-01-22] -Nudity Warning

Good work. I will comment on the ones I found most interesting:

Drawing 36 was cool. Mouth seems to line up with his right nostril rather than the center of his nose. His left eye is lacking in definition where the lashes could be. Even if it is not in the reference it may enhance the picture if he added it. Otherwise this one is interesting.

Drawing 62 has interesting shadows. The way they fall across her body and skin looks cool. Wish I could see a big version of that.

Drawing 68 is also cool. Again with the left eye lacking definition due to a lack of lashes or make-up.

Maybe there is some type of statement with the left eye thing that you or I are unaware of, as their could be an emerging pattern. I should have watched your thread to see if it manifests again before mentioning this. Twice could be coincidental. Three or more times would be a pattern. Now I have ruined the construct.

Lots of studies to upload so this will be split in two. This city of mine is getting depressing I keep searching but it seems there is no Figure drawing class around me I need to draw from life.

Bad Drawing Number 71

I love this drawing but I am kind of bummed I couldn’t draw the net jersey thing she was wearing in the photo. But still of all the drawings I have done this one is my current favourite.

Bad Drawing Number 72

Books of bones studies from Mentler over at conceptart.org. I got the top one all wrong but the middle one came out all right. Its all about drawing the figure from imagination.

Bad Drawing Number 73

I got to keep up with my Bridgeman studies…

next post

Bad Drawing 74

Another photo study this one went a little wrong. Its two steps foward, one step back. I like the arms, dislike lots of other things.

Bad Drawing 75

mass and volume of the head. I tried to construct this using the methodology of Michael Hampton without looking at the book so all from imagination. Michael Hampton and Kevin Chen and a lot of west coast US artists all same to have similar methodologies of doing this.

Bad Drawing 76

Back to Bridgeman this time rhythm

Time to catch a breather I have a car modelling workshop to run…

thanks of the crits, facial features are definitely a week point of mine. I think I still have a lot of symbols that impose themselves on my drawing, so I draw what I think an eye should look like not what I am seeing

Your progress is phenomenal, stunning work man :slight_smile: keep it up! Treatment of the hair in the top image is exquisite. A trick for checking the levels of your facial and bodily proportions is to flip the image every so often, makes the inconsistencies leap out at you.

Thanks man, I know about the flipping trick but I always forget to do it. I think I should stick a post it note on my monitor…“Flip your image dumbass” than I think I will remember.

hah… me too man. My mother was my most stern critic and my best teacher. She used to describe lop-sided eyes as fried eggs slipping off the faces of my subjects. Needless to say, I made drastic reparations. But seriously man, very impressed with your work, I like to see the progress of other generalists in the community.

love the MT :smiley: nice work (i know, that post is old)

@ctdabomb thanks man

another photo study and a brush control execerise from ctrlpaint.com. If you are new to digital painting with photoshop than I highly recommend that site. I know its helped me out a lot.

I did some Bridgeman studies but my scanner seems not to like my desktop, works all fine on my old laptop so I will up load those when I get it working.

Bad Drawing number 77

Bad Drawing number 78
…oh cock I forgot to copy this painting from my desktop.I will upload later

That’s a beautiful study dude, really enjoying your development. Are you on Behance by any chance? If you were I’d follow your work.

never heard of behance I shall have to google this…

Add me if you plan to join :slight_smile: http://www.behance.net/Wokjow

I tried going to behance I couldn’t log on to the site…

I did more studies another brush control exercise from ctrlpaint, Matt also released a perspective sketching so starting in September I will start doing some perspective work. I think if I get perspective and Bridgeman out of the way than I will start doing more work from imagination.

Bad Drawing 79

Bad Drawing 80

Bad Drawing 81

I have a nice little sketch book in which I am doing these studies in. Excellent paper quality but boy scanning and getting rid of gutter shadows is a PITA

Brush control exercise

Bad Drawing 82

I found a new tool that is helping me in studying anatomy dynamic topology:cool: expect to see some sculpts in here. Not strictly traditional but WTF

Indeed, what would be the appropriate topic to post a series of doodles in 3d sculpting?
These aren’t WIP, neither finished artwork. This “For quality feedback on serious works” also sounds a little funny.
To build a sketch book using blender, where?
Edit: I like these last drawings, I posted a comment in the dynatopo thread.

Tyrant, I am checking out ctrl+paint… thanks for showing that :slight_smile: Nice progress on the Bridgman studies too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188384[/ATTACH]

Is this drawing done on PC or is it with some kind of chalk?
Btw. some great sketches here!

@4tonmantis definitely check out ctrl+paint short tutorials that are really useful

@miskolciart that is a digital photostudy I am trying to learn brush control at the moment so I simplify things I take a photo from portrait.org desaturate it and use as a reference

Damn I slowed down too much recently almost two months with no updates…It should be an update a week.

three posts one drapery study from Michael Hampton. Figure drawing and Invention

Bad Drawing NO 83

Head study from Bridgeman

Bad Drawing NO 84

Drapery study from Bridgeman
Bad Drawing NO 85

Tyrant, thanks for the reference to the ctrl+paint tuts. Wow, I feel like picking up my stylus again. I think that I am a lost cause at this point (too busy with programming), but I’m teaching my daughter everything I know (she’s 10). We have both gained a lot from looking at your work over the years. Thanks.