Tyrant 's sketches[Update 13-01-22] -Nudity Warning

I tried drawing them Krita, paper and pencil was so less stress inducing. Thanks for spotting the rounding I will try and work on that.

Bad Drawing Number 193

X,Y,Z section revision. Last time I worked through this book I got stuck on this chapter, I can’t let that happen again.

Bad Drawing Number 194

This is some concept art for a 2d Platformer I am working on in Godot also an excuse for me to practice some cell soft shading.

I have been doing a lot of art work lately, each day I am doing 1 hour of gesture drawing, along with learning Python(I made the mistake of buying 1500 page tome of a book), rigging and Godot.

A lot of my art work has been very NSFW and doesn’t fit with the theme of this thread which is a more of a log of my art journey so I have not been posting for as much as I would like. But I will make an effort to do more studies.

1 Like

Bad Drawing Number 195

Photo-study, got to keep practicing me digital painting rendering skills…

1 Like

Hi, it’s lovely to see your improvement. For a while, I wanted to focus on anatomy study, and you’re inspiring me to start. :slight_smile: Keep on going; you’ll get there in no time! I also see that your sense of values is getting deeper and better compared to your earlier works. Good work. :smiley:

I’m looking forward to seeing more of your studies!

@DreamMaster Thanks for the kind words.

Time for some Mannequinization studies

Bad Drawing Number 196

Bad Drawing Number 197

Bad Drawing Number 198

Do I have more than 500 Bad drawings in me? I am currently doing 500 hours of gesture drawings and am planning to do 100 pages of the mannequin drawings.

Some revision studies from How to Draw

Bad Drawing Number 199

Bad Drawing Number 200

:D300 More bad drawings to go…Let’s keep this train on the tracks

More Mannequin studies

Bad Drawing 201

Photo Studies, I got to start doing more colour work

Bad Drawing 202

1 Like

Bad drawings? What the heck are you talking about? They are breathtaking! I love how this girl’s hair fades out like that. Sooo sweet! Your figure drawings remind me something. I need to stop postponing and start doing the same! :smiley:

202 turned out really nice.

@DreamMaster Thanks, I call them bad drawings because I know when I get to number 500 I will look back at this drawing and probably think what the hell was I doing, I keep all these drawing in a folder and when look back at the old ones I ask myself the same thing even though I like those drawings when I did them

@xrg Thanks dude, I actually like how this one came out.

Sketch Dump… I am starting to formally learn how to render…Sticks in local light and in negative Sun light.

Bad Drawing 203

Bad Drawing 204

Bad Drawing 205

Sketch Dump part 2

Bad Drawing 206

Bad Drawing 207

Excuse the perspective distortion I couldn’t put the vanishing points too far apart as I did these on A4 Paper. I should probably try to do these in Clip Paint Studio or Krita

Your 202 is really awesome!

yeah I love that one*

Haha tryant, ok ok I see what you mean. I have a lot of old artworks I thought the same. “WTF was I doing?” lol

At least you’re doing something so you can look back and say hey, I got further thanks to my bad 500 drawings. :wink:

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Time for some studies, once upon a time I had a subscription to 3d.sk so the are these folders on my photo with refs I was not using, I decided to finally make use of them.

Bad Drawing 208

Mmm, eye studies are delicious. I like how you did the highlights in some of them and how the eyelid shape varies with some of them. I can tell they are from different people. Well done. :slight_smile:

Bad Drawing 209

Here are some head construction studies, I messed up a bit on these. I need to remember to take my time and draw ‘through’ but I guess this is why I do these studies I gotta work on my weakness.

Bad Drawing Number 210

More eye studies, I downloaded the photo reference was from deviantarts by Miko Noire.

Bad Drawing number 211

Mannequin drawing number 10 (one every day until I reach 500)

Taking notes

Bad Drawing 212

Bad Drawing 213

Taking more notes from Figure Drawing and Invention, Head drawing I just realized that my copy of that wonderful book is close to 7 years now might have to look into getting a replacement

Bad Drawing 214

Bad Drawing 215

1 Like

Awesome! And thanks for the figure references as well.