Tyrant 's sketches[Update 13-01-22] -Nudity Warning

ha ha okay that cleared up a few things. Yeah you could say i love doing portraits. though I do handle still lifes pretty never really done any landscapes.

I got a tablet about a six weeks ago, I slowly started to learn how to paint using photoshop this is a character concept that I have been working on

Attachments

Your artwork is so wonderful! Makes me want to pick up my pencil and draw.
I really love the drawing of the demon(I think thats what he is?).

I really love the new artwork you posted. I’m so jealous!

Thank you for posting your amazing work. :smiley:

I haven’t posted in a long time, I should start posting more though. I was playing around with mypaint nice program with lots of rough edges it has an awesome brush engines . personally I think half the brushes boarder on useless…the gems for me are the pencils, ink, and charcoal, one of the markers has also been promising with the little sketches I have done with it.

here is one of my pencil and charcoal experiments a quick ten minute sketch. I have to admit this is one of the most ‘natural’ digital pencils around

Attachments

that kung-fu lady looks maniacal and crazed, try relaxing her eyes a little. and make the pupils bigger.(you probably already knew how to do that though ,lol)

ha ha she does huh:D, I blame it all on growing up on watch cheesey Hong Kong Kung-fu movies the ones with the loosely dubs. Lots of scary looky crazed ladies in those movies.

I am just learning how to do the whole digital painting thing:). They say that one has 500 bad drawings to get out before the master I medium so that would be bad drawing number 1, 499 more to go.

Sadly she got nuked when my laptops HDD went belly up so I can’t do any touchups unless I redraw it which I might, the next issuse of ImagineFX that is coming out next month here has a nice workshop on dynamic posing, we are always a month behind the uk people on this, so maybe I will use her as a case study.

I really love your princess, it’s quite beautiful and who doesn’t like long flowing hair. That one got saved. Thanks for posting your results from mypaint, it’s very helpful to see different peoples use of that program. The monster.jpg pencils are perfect.

Agreed.

two updates in as many days yeah for me.

thanks Gally

It has become dead clear to me that I won’t be able to finish my BWC entry but that failure has highlighted many faults in my artistic arsenal. I feel am competent in modeling but truely suck at lighting, texturing and rigging so while I have now come up with ways to address those 3d art skills my neglect of my 2d skill has also come to my attention so its off to boot camp for me.

I want to put this post down as a marker that I will come back to in a years time to see just how much I have progressed hopefully a lot.

while on to the main event than BAD DRAWING # 2 (498 to go) - A skull after Andrew Loomis from more mucking about with mypaint

Attachments

bad drawing #3, 497 to go a gimp painting this time around

this is a character I want to start modeling up in the next few days to develop as my own super and first animated character. I drew a lot of influence from characters such as mister incredible, jonny bravo and the art of Michael Avon Oeming.

I just got my hands on the new issue of ImagineFX, we are always an edition behind the UK guys, so this is the one with the Warren Louw cover and not the one by the Android so I want to work through his workshop using my kung fu mistress expect to see her back kicking butt and taking names.

Attachments

Nice paintings! Your pencil and paper sketches are great.

long time no update, here are some drawings in the quest to get my 500 drawings done. To learn a thing or two and improve my skills I am working my way through Bridgeman’s constructive anatomy and Loomis head and hand book so you should be seeing a lot of studies on those two texts. Along the way I should be doing some value studies in GIMP to get my digital painting skills up to scratch

Attachments

some heads studies from Loomis great book

Attachments

Looking good. That fish is great, as are the studies. Another great anatomy/drawing book author to look up is Burne Hogarth, search for him on scribd.

I have checked out Hogarth and should be working on that as soon as am done with Loomis and Bridgeman I reckon two books is enough for now. I plan to go through Hogarth together with a perspective book I grabbed some months ago. But that is months down the line

This perspective book ? http://www.scribd.com/doc/5178935/Perspective-Made-Easy ?

no the are two books that I bought from a local art supply store here “freehand perspective and sketching” by Dora Miriam Norton and “the complete guide to perspective” by John Raynes

the John Raynes book is the one I want to work through first Dora Norton’s book is an old text that is more complex and will require lots of study and lots of life drawing to go through properly.

Keep up the good work. It’s a lot of work, but the results should be great.

Very nice sketches :slight_smile:

I’ll have to try Mypaint some day when I get a tablet.

thanks for the kind comments, after a longish break it is time to get back into the groove afterall I now have 491 bad drawings to get through

here are more bridgeman and loomis studies, I also have a digital painting that am working I should post that when I am done

Attachments

They look ok.

PS: Deviant id ?