Ubuntu Wine and others

Hello Everyone,

New topic on Ubuntu.

I have installed wine, and so far have gotten the following results with some of my favorite win apps:

Acme Brick - doesn’t work
Artweaver - doesn’t work
Deep Paint 2D - doesn’t work
Map Zone - Works! Yay

Before I give up on the ones that don’t work, has anybody else been successful with these apps?

Also, I am trying to build ngplant (also posted to sourceforge forums) but get the following error:

Checking for attribute((unused)) support presence in g++… yes
Checking for C++ header file stdint.h… yes
Checking for C++ header file Python.h… yes
Checking unsigned int type sizeof …
Checking unsigned int* type sizeof …
Checking endianess …
Checking for C function snprintf()… no
Checking for C function _snprintf()… no
Neither snprintf nor _snprintf function not found, exiting!

After searching, I found that I should install gcc, but it is already installed.

gcc -v gives:

Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: …/src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.3 --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --enable-checking=release i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)

Anybody have any ideas on what I need to do to get ngplant built?

Thanks in advance!!!

OK,

I got ngplant to build once I loaded g++ and wx-widgets. Still no luck with the win apps though. Originally Artweaver was complaining about some true type fonts. Once I got past that though, the app would start, the pallets would build, but I could not get to or see the canvas.

If anybody can comment on what works and what doesn’t in Wine (CG related of course) I would really appreciate it.

EDIT - PlantStudio works fine, exporting obj tested.
EDIT - Terragen - installed the latest version of Wine 0.9.49, and added msvcirt.dll to the c:\windows\system32 folder
EDIT - Terragen tech preview works also

http://appdb.winehq.org/

Google, my friend. Google.

freen,

I have been all over wineHQ, but never noticed the appdb link until you mentioned it.

Thanks freen!!!