ufo vs robots

http://www.pokedstudio.com/ufochase3.jpg

Ufo’s v robots, with some jelly fish, robots always win.
Just experimenting with atmospheres.

I love it! Great atmosphere.

Looks sweet. Love the style, as always. Do you do these pieces for anything like a magazine or just for fun? I thought I saw something similar to one of your pieces before but wasn’t sure.

I love the robot arm… but thats all about i like in it. The colors seems bit “acid trip” and i never liked these types of “ufos”…

I love the robot arm… but thats all about i like in it. The colors seems bit “acid trip” and i never liked these types of “ufos”…

no probs Eradicor, we all have different tastes.

Do you do these pieces for anything like a magazine or just for fun? I thought I saw something similar to one of your pieces before but wasn’t sure.

Yes nfollmer I do, do stuff for magazines, and have had work featured, but not that much 3D stuff yet, I also sell prints and use my work for general self promotion, learning, and also just for fun.

Love the atmosphere! Has a really cool retro feel to it.

Some of the stuff going on beneath the UFO’s looks strange, is it supposed ot be a glass efect or heat wave or what?
Everything else looks sweet except maybe this time you are pushing too hard to get trippy colours to be complementory, it doesn’t quite work.

NICE…can see u r putting 3d to good use with works like these that use a combination of 2d/3d. Good to know that these images make their way to magazines where a larger audience can see and appreciate them. And, btw, am i the only one here who sells insurance for a living and does cg solely for fun? :smiley: i guess it would make a fun thread where people state what they do for a living. No?

i like the robot arm. and everything else about it. rock on!

Love your style as always, poke. Very graphic-designery.

I love scenes were artist exit standard expectations for 3D art. This is a respectable work. Great job! Five stars from me…

liked the environment and the color theme :slight_smile: .

Bravo. Poke strikes again. I like it. (I think I’m used to seeing a bit more detail and abundace of objects in general in your renders, but this is nice.)

I like this one. Plus, the story behind it can boggle the mind

Great color e atmosphere!! Bravo!!remember me the '70th…:yes:

-S-

i like the detail of the robot arm.

I really digg your work. This is no exception but I’m missing some depth here. I cant really tell how big that robot is and how far it is.

Very much like the lighting, general atmosphere and the subtlety of the textures. Flash Gordon meets Neo Rauch.

Your style is the best Poke!
Keep it up!

Not your best but definitely your style.
The lack of perspective give it some flatness, the six branches robot should be at first plane imo.