UHO* Sighting... (animation)

effstops

I’ve wanted a copy of icarus for ages but never been able to find it any were, do you by any chance have a windows version? :o

If so I will PM you for a copy.

Ken

I think I can help you out. :wink:

–Colin

Very cool compositing!

Also, I couldn’t help but notice they’re playing Settlers of Catan. That’s a damn good board game!

I’ve never heard of that game, but you’ve got a hell of an eye, I couldn’t tell what they were playing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never heard of that game, but you’ve got a hell of an eye, I couldn’t tell what they were playing. :P[/quote]

The game board for Settlers of Catan is made up of a bunch of arranged hexagon areas. If you’ve played it before, it’s easy to recognize.

Ok, back on topic now…

wow, it’s realy REALISTIC ! very good job

Nice!

Shadows, movement all look good!

Youv’e encouraged me to go back and try ICARUS again, You’re right, big learning curve but a fantastic tool. It’s a shame they took it private without having a “Student” or "“trial” package. It was on “Free” for non-public use.

There was recent mention in the Elysian threads of another camera tracking software called Voodoo. I have not tried it yet but there is a Windows and Linux version.

ftp://ftp.tnt.uni-hannover.de/pub/digilab/voodoo-Win32-0.5.zip
ftp://ftp.tnt.uni-hannover.de/pub/digilab/voodoo-x86Linux-0.5.tar.gz

I’d appreciate feedback on it for those whoe test it.

http://www.solid-roc.com/icarus-2.07-full.exe

:wink:

great animation! i like the little robot. can you show a pic of just it?

WOW! that is amazing! how did you get the cardboard flap on the box to bounce?

settlers of catan… i hate that game. I call it settlers of satan. :stuck_out_tongue: but i still play it anyway since a lot of my friends love it. sigh.

Nice work effstops! Very cool. Your camera matching and 3d animation are excellent!

I’d love to test it … if the links worked :frowning: Are you sure those are the right URL’s for Voodoo?

Never mind – IE couldn’t handle it but Firefox downloaded it without any problems at all.

Thanks for the linkage.

Man you tracked the shoulder shot BY HAND?!?
Thats what I call meticulous! Must’ve taken ages. You must be somekind of superhuman robodude.

Haha, yup. I did it in After Effects, though, which made it easier. The camera in Blender didn’t move at all, and I keyframed the robot to move with the shoulder as well as I could. It was easier than you might think cause the robot’s legs were flailing about, and left a sizable margin for error. :slight_smile:

But it took me like 6 hours, I’d say. Wasn’t too easy… :smiley:

–Colin

Lol great work.

And guys… the box… come on… notice you can’t see the bottom corner when it moves???

This is grand man… I’d love to do stuff like this!!