Ultimate Unwrap plugin for Blender

From their website:

What’s new for v3.44:

• Importer plugin for Blender. Lights, geometry, materials, textures, UV mapping coordinates, multiple UVsets, vertex colors, vertex weights, bones and skeletal animation can be imported. See the plugin readme.txt file for more information.

Hmm… cool to hear of an application that supports the blender file format.
But 50-60$ for an UV-Unwraping Application… I think I’ll stick with the Blender UV-Tools as they fit my needs pretty well :wink:

I agree Blenders built in UV-Unwrapping is top-notch and it’s worth much more than 60 $ :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for the post.

Here’s a little more information about what we released:

We released a Python script to export Blender scene data to an intermediate format.
Lights, geometry, materials, textures, UV mapping coordinates, multiple UVsets, vertex colors,
vertex normals, vertex weights, bones and animation can be exported from Blender.

This intermediate format can then be read by our program, Ultimte Unwrap 3D.

The script was developed using Blender 2.66, so it may not load for older versions.
It supports armature-driven animation only.

We mainly wrote this for Blender users who are already users of Ultimate Unwrap 3D, but, anyone can use it if they want.

As for comparisons, it’s similar to FBX export, but since it’s optimized for Unwrap 3D, it’s much faster.

Brad Bolthouse
Ultimate Unwrap 3D Developer