Ultimate Water Shader ( version 2.0 )

Hello, I´m released the final version of my Water Shader that i will use in Memories scene. ( that much better of Ruinas water ) Are almost 6 months of development and testing to achieve a convincing effect of water. I believe I can still add improvements in the future but for now this is all that i can do :wink:
This water effect have:
videotexture Reflection with Wrap ( by node integration ), Color Mask ( because the water is not 100% clear ), Specular reflection Added and Distance Alpha Fresnel.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2457/ultimatewatershader.jpg

Node Config:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2317/nodeconfig.jpg

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/115168805/a2dd30b7/Ultimate_Water_Shader.html

I hope you enjoy!

[LEFT]amazing!
Congratulations![/LEFT]

ohh thats it thanx!

I played a bit with shader setup, and maybe the depth camera is looks cool too.
and i put a fly cam for better look around.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a5ed78c89e965a2dd8f14848abf485dde04e75f6e8ebb871

I played a bit with shader setup, and maybe the depth camera is looks cool too.
and i put a fly cam for better look around.

Thanks really look better, i will add this config in next version ^^

Very nice. :smiley:

I’m going to have to play with material nodes for the game engine.

This has inspired me. :slight_smile:

Great stuff.

u r amazing. and if there was a trophy of most ingenious person in the world, you would have it in ur hands, with no hesitation, as soon as the trophy was made.

ur awesome.

WOW thats really nice, thanks!!

@ Victorbalbio

Is it possible without UV masking to make the edge fade I want to make a seashore where near the beach, the water is invisible or transparent, where I don’t see the edge of the intersecting water?

Hey. One way to improve thos water woudl be to add refraction to the stuff behind the water. So the stuff under the water is also affected by refraction, instead of just the reflections being affected.

If you do implement this, could you please make a shader that only refracts the water? So no reflection. Woudl be good for glass and stuff. :slight_smile: Awesome job.

Is it possible without UV masking to make the edge fade I want to make a seashore where near the beach, the water is invisible or transparent, where I don’t see the edge of the intersecting water?

In a plane mesh i don´t know no way to make this without a texture mask and UV

Hey. One way to improve thos water woudl be to add refraction to the stuff behind the water. So the stuff under the water is also affected by refraction, instead of just the reflections being affected.

If you do implement this, could you please make a shader that only refracts the water? So no reflection. Woudl be good for glass and stuff.

That is my goal, make a reflection and refraction water but the refraction still a mystery for me, don´t have way to make refractions easy and portable in BGE now. Only refractions is possible find in VideoTexture Topic, have a martinsh´s refraction Demo.
Bye! xD

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but when you use the restart scene logic brick, something weird happens to the water. And then it crashes. Other than that, :eek::eek::eek::eek::yes:

hey gratz with your shader its really cool lately i was using your previous water shader : p lol but this one is alot better thnx for posting :slight_smile:

VERY nice work on this shader. the finest water shader in GLSL i’ve seen with such a great FPS in the BGE.

P.S. I like the depth added by Locadex, adds to the aesthetic quite well IMO. Thanks for sharing the blend

Thank you guys for your coments, soon i will post a new version with improves.

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but when you use the restart scene logic brick, something weird happens to the water. And then it crashes. Other than that, :eek::eek::eek::eek::yes:
Restart the scene Logic Brick? How?:eyebrowlift2:

Sadly, the blend is no longer available.

Restart the scene Logic Brick? How?

He means use the restart scene logic brick. If the scene is restarted at all, the game will crash, every time. So if you are, say playing a game where you are outside, with some water in the scene and then you go inside let’s say a house, which loads the house scene, if you then exit the house and go back to the outside scene the game will crash.

Sadly, the blend is no longer available.

I don´t have to send you too =/
You can try send a private messenge to Martinsh to available this.

He means use the restart scene logic brick. If the scene is restarted at all, the game will crash, every time. So if you are, say playing a game where you are outside, with some water in the scene and then you go inside let’s say a house, which loads the house scene, if you then exit the house and go back to the outside scene the game will crash.
Yes, There are some problems with this, but i know only this bug if your 2 scenes have the same videotexture variables to CamID or TexID. There are outer bug too if you try run 2 scenes with videotexture and screen resolutions diferents…
I have so many problems with that in Ruinas 2.0

thanx vitorbalbio for sharing your great work…nice study reference material…

I’ve PM’ed Martinsh about something very similar but never got a reply, so I’d rather not bother him again. And I don’t quite understand what you mean by CamID and TextID. There is only one videotexture in one scene. If you load a different scene (which has no videotextures) and then load the scene with the videotexture again it will crash. This doesn’t happen if you follow the mirror tutorial here: Linky Although, this doesn’t have the nice ripples or anything. It also doesn’t rely on the camera position for the reflections.

I will see this spewboy.