I’m making a game called UltraSphere.
It’s a marble game based on the Marble Blast series.
What I have so far:
- Basic controls (Steering via mouselook and wasd, jumping with space)
- Working checkpoints
I have a demo for you guys with the progress so far (windows, GLSL):
I hope you like the game so far
Update 31 /01 (01/31)
- Added some more platforms
- Scripted 2 power-ups: Force and Jump
- Made the UI a little nicer
- Made new Checkpoints (the ones in the demo were just placeholders)
Power-ups are collected by the player and can only be used once. Only one power-up can be held at one time, so if the player picks up another power-up, the current power-up is changed to the new one.
Force gives the player a little push in the direction they are pressing on the keyboard (may change it to the current direction tho’… Suggestions?)
Jump gives you a higher jump.
There are going to be more power-ups.
Update 05/02 (02/05)
- Made bumpers that push you back in the direction you hit them (to the sides, or up when you hit it from above). Might change the model though. Do you guys like them?