Unable to install bpainter addon

I did something while texture painting my mesh yesterday using the addon bpainter. I saved my file and reloaded the file. I was unable to paint anything on the mesh this time.

I uninstalled (unchecked) the addon bpainter. But in the Texture Painting window, pbainter’s tools where still there in blender. And I was still unable to paint on my object. I could, however paint on the UV flat image map.

After numerous attempts to fix this I simply tried to reinstall bpainter. It did not work. I have installed many addons over the years but never had a problem like this. When I would direct blender to where the zipped addon folder was and clicked okay or install it do not bring up the addon awaiting a check to be placed in the little box to the left. It just took me back to all addons in blender, checked and unchecked. bpainter was not on the list.

I uninstalled blender 3.3.1 and reinstalled. That wiped out all my custom installed addons which I have yet to reinstall. But I still could not get it to recognize bpainter. It would not reinstall.

And worse, in the file I was working on, I am still not able to use any of the Texture paint tools on my object. I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb to see what that problem is as I have never experienced that before. I do have a material assigned to object.

I wrote the author of bpainter on the Blender Market website and am awaiting a reply. I do not even know if bpainter is updated to work with Blender 3.3.

One other thing, when using bpainter it creates it’s own material layer. a .img file. I am unable to remove this from the material list attached to the object. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for reading. Any clues to remedy this would be great.

Blendermarket:
|Blender Version|2.79, 2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2|

Maybe also try:

Thanks for the reply Okidoki. This is the same version of Bpainter that I am having trouble installing.

I still have not received a reply from ndee to my email via Blender Market.