I’m having trouble using the VSE to render an image sequence into a quicktime h.264 movie. So far my attempts have resulted in a movie which jitters backwards and forwards through the frames (a stuttering effect) or blender unexpectedly quits before it finishes the render.
To start with I rendered a simple walkcycle of a character into a .png image sequence. The sequence is 409 frames long at 24fps and the size is 1080x382. That worked fine.
I then open a new project and add the .png image sequence to VSE, choose the quicktime format and the h.264 codec and make sure ‘do sequence’ is selected in the animation panel and that i’m outputting the file where i want it to go. I’m not totally sure what settings I should be using for the h.264 codec. I’ve tried 24 and 25 frames per second, keyframe every 24 and 25 frames and also with the ‘limit data rate to 90 KBytes/sec’ checked and unchecked on different attempts.
I’m using a Power Mac G5, Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC Processor with 2 GB DDR SDRAM
and running blender 2.46
If anyone has any clue as to what might solve my problem please let me know what you think it might be