Unblocking your Mind

Hellow everyone.
This is my first animation on blender, the animation is for contest in my university
Produced in 2 weeks, I had many difficulties, but I am satisfied with the result, it is now improving upcoming animations

My inspiration was animation “Park!”

Thanks!

Nice. Keep at it.

Very nice!!

Replace the “cylinder” material on the light sabers with a halo :slight_smile:
Want me to make you a nice light saber material?

Attachments

LightSaber.blend (422 KB)

Thanks guys!

Great technique for simulate lightsaber with wave modifier! Thanks, never think about it.

Dude, that’s really really really good for 2 weeks. It has faults, but I’m very impressed by your speed. I laughed when they were watching Big Buck Bunny. =)

I figured it out while trying to make “plasma” materials :slight_smile:

I am trying to find info on how to do plasma materials for some time now - would you be willing to share some initial set-up or tutorial on how you approach this? Thank you in advance, :slight_smile:

No problem, a stream or ? Ball, or field? Particles?

I usually use two materials, a particle layer for halo and then a “smoke” layer using the same particles in a point density map, if the plasma is a field or window or laser beam, I use a halo material on a object shape, with a high vertex density, and then add in some noise and wave,

check out using a Vertex hook on the Point * end of a cone, and set wave on the cone, and then parent the “point” vertex hook
to a rocket, and the other end 6dof to the rocket, with limits :slight_smile:

then do particles cast from each vert or face :slight_smile:

I wish there was a easy “fade” for particles
like emited @ 1 fades till 5, emited at 5 fades till 10,
:frowning: then I could do all kinds of neat things

you can also ditch the hook and add in a armature with a elbow(another 6dof link)-and it can curve :):slight_smile:

nice, I like the skateboard scene

Interesting

Very nice, interesting work

Excellent. Excellent. (The short clip of music from Big Buck Bunny was a nice touch!)

The nice thing about this piece is that it tells a story. Anyone who tries to work from home and has kids is gonna identify with this one more-or-less instantly. :yes: