Uncertainty (project files available)

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

As a kid, I’ve always wondered where my paper boats travel to as soon as I release them on the flooded roadside.

To this date, it still would tickle my thoughts and I would be curious what happened on the other end of the uncontrolled spectrum of reality.

One of the closeup shots:

Tools:

• Blender
  • GIMP
  • Cycles

Texture References:

Project files download and more info at:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• Reyn

Attachments

great work Reyn, compositing is great, I see good balance on your render and you managed to guide viewers eye to the point of interest discreetly, five stars from me :slight_smile:

Very good, only thing I don’t (quite) like is the lizard, looks a bit too cartoonish compared to the rest of the scene… but five stars from me too.

Thanks, Enrico! Means a lot coming from you. Cheers!

• Reyn

FAntastic scene here.
Really weel done.
How long doid it take?

That’s awesome, how did you make the water rings?

Thanks!

The water ripple was made with a combination of several wave modifiers with an object offset. :slight_smile:

• Reyn

very beautiful and touching.the boat could be slightly wet & crumpled to show the journey.

Very nice! Well composed IMO. Great that is has some meaning too. :slight_smile:

One little thing - it looks like there is some very out of focus grass/plant overlapping the lizard, I would remove the part that overlaps, the remaining parts would frame the lizard nicely.

The DOF may be a little overdone here, but you seem to now rival RobertT as the user with the most expressive ability when it comes to images, only you gun for a photographic quality instead.

I say the DOF might be a little overdone because the plants in the back almost look as if you applied some paint filter to them, which may or may not be intentional.

I like the little paper boat on the turtle, very nice concept.

Excellent little scene!:slight_smile:

Thanks for the constructive feedback, guys. Those are really helpful. Cheers!

• Reyn

The close up shot is really cool and I find it cute that there’s a little leaf/plant in the boat on top of the turtle.
The only thing for me is that the flower in the middle of the lizard and the turtle seems a bit too out of focus for its position.

Look fantastic, great composition.

Impressive work.

wow!!! incredible

I love every single thing about this - starting with the title and ending with the the details of the scent.

This is superb. I love the realness and how it gets to the imagination. Amazing job.

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it.

• Reyn