Under 1000 Polys. But Still Great Looking.

this scene i made proves you can have a great looking game with a low poly count.
take a look:

http://www.box.net/shared/q69rsjln8d

thanks to umm… forgot his name. whoever created real-time particles. it helped make the fountain.

aaand.
anyone know of a better tree texture? this one isn’t completely transparent…

I suppose it’s me your looking for? Just Kredit -[Killer]- for that =P

you don’t have to credit me…

anyone know of a better tree texture? this one isn’t completely transparent…
Completely transparent is invisible…
But I understand what you mean. You can open it on the gimp or photoshop and erase the blue thing.
Actually, the grass is just one plane, not a grid. That’s the reason why it’s so low poly :stuck_out_tongue:
But, very low poly yet good looking scenes can be made by using planes subdivided very few times, and using render baked textures with fake shadows from higher-poly environments…
I’ll edit the tree texture and give it to you.

Here it is. (RMB, Save Image As on Windows)
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/B3D00/Tree_Regular.png

thanks to umm… forgot his name. whoever created real-time particles. it helped make the fountain.

You don’t credit anyone for the particles. It’s a standard trick done by many companies. Giving credit to a blender user for ‘creating’ particles is like trying to credit ‘Fallout boy’ with the invention of music. (not to sound cynical)

Anyways, it looks good. Lighting would not be a bad idea.

peace,
-nick

meh.
i give credit to fall out boy for killing music, tho.

and, thanks for fixing the texture. it looks great now!
so…
i guess people know who to get into contact with if they need a game environment? you guys think i’m any good yet?

Your getting much better than when you first joined the forum; however, you need to keep practicing and experimenting. You need to learn how to create higher poly objects and learn all the techniques used to blend textures, create different effects etc. etc.

peace,
-nick

awesome.

well, you see, my computer sucks.
so…
its a little hard to make high poly on here…

Yeh exactly, no one ‘created’ the particles, that technique in blender has been around for years.

Unless of course you want to credit the developers, but that comes without question. :rolleyes:

haha, of course.

no clue why i said he created it. i meant whoever i got the file from. :stuck_out_tongue:

what else should i put in the scene?

Try to make some realtime water. Make a small scene where the cliffs surround the level and then texture and lightbake it. Add some simple buildings. The possibilities are endless. :yes:

peace,
-nick

how could i make real-time water?..

Water that moves, animated texture water.
Fluid simulation, you can’t yet in bge

i know.
but, i downloaded Killers animated water texture off his site, but it doesn’t work…
and, i also have that ripple thing. how could i have that be added when the player goes in the water?
i’m guessing adding an empty with a touch sensor?

was just playin animal crossing: wild world on DS, haven’t played in a while.
i’ve realized that something like that is VERY possible in blender.

i think i’ll try making somethin like it.

Under 800 polys

Túrin: Looks cool, using planes for enviornments looks better when seen from top view, I meanm when the camera is set up like in that video.