Underwater Coelecanth in fractal landscape

Hi everyone,

I’m been playing around lately with Mandelbulber, the awesome opensource 3D fractal renderer.
I creates stuff that look like alien landscapes sometimes, so I decided to integrate some of the renders I made there with 3D models renered in Blender.

Here I’m trying to make an underwater scene, with a fish\robot\ship (haven’t decided yet :-D) roaming in this landscape.

Would be happy to get some feedback, ideas, tips for improving this, etc.
I’d certainly work more on the “fish”, but am not sure about the rest, so…

model is looking very nice

would like to try this
but how do you begin
i read a little doc but not certain how to proceed

so can you briefly explain how you work with this soft?

i eman do you make a 3D model in blender import in that soft and do some render or what ?

thanks

Interesting idea :slight_smile: The symmetry axis at the far left says it is not a natural landscape, so crop that out somehow…

Thanks Ricky,
Mandelbulber is pretty complex, but it has a thorough online Wiki and manual:
http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Generally I rendered the background in mandelbulber, then separately created the fish in blender, and composited both in photoshop.
Hope it answered you question, and let me know if not :slight_smile:

Yeah, that could probably help - thanks!

is Mandelbulber ddoing only background images or it can make other 3D objects like we do in blender

i saw some what look like 3D objects on some pages but could not figure out ow it was done

and is there like a short video intro to this soft?

thanks

I haven’t really found video tuts for this program,
So the maual, wiki and trial and error will have to do :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about writing a tut from what I’ve gleaned but it will take some more time.

Mandelbulber doesn’t really create editable geometry as far as I know.
It only generates and renders 3D fractals with some advanced shading and lighting.
It can also do animations, but you can’t really combine it’s results directly with blender,

You rather need to composite them together and use camera tracking for animations.