Unicode characters in text editor problem

In a text editor window, using Unicode national characters (Greek in my case), there are accented vowels that register with two keys from the keyboard (eg: ά, έ, ό … etc). If I type the 2 key sequence fast, the accent is missed, slower works. Is this a delay that can be set in Blender, or an interpreter lag that cannot be adjusted?
Actually I think it happens everywhere (not only text editor), but it’s especially nagging problem in a text window, where I may type whole paragraphs and almost each word has an accent.

Anyone that can help with this, please?

By the description of the problem (quick fails, slow works) it sounds like you’re indeed hitting the limitation of event processing system in Blender. It handles events in a very straightforward manner. In that, a press followed by a press is different from a press followed by release. When you’re typing quickly, you might be pressing the next key before releasing the previous one, and this can (and does) lead to an apparent misinterpretation of events.
In itself, that’s not a bug. However, I’d suggest that you report your issue anyway on https://developer.blender.org, in case there’s something else at play here, or if they’d see a way of making quick typing combos work.

1 Like

Thank you, I filed it with developer.blender.org