unicorn

Hi there, recently a friend of mine, asked me to model a unicorn, really fast.
I did it, but it turns out that it is for a print shop and, they want it in 300dpi resolution, and aparently I didn’t do it right.
I there any way to configure the render settings to get a picture of 300dpi size.
Did I ask in the correct section of the forum?
By the way how do you normaly put pictures in the work in progress posts?

Attachments

Final print size is easy to figure out.

First you need to know what the final dimensions of the print size will be. For example for an 8 x 10 inch final image you would multiply both numbers by the desired resolution giving you (8 x 300 = 2400) (10 x 300 = 3000). Now set your render to 2400 x 3000 and there it is.

Most print shops should be able to do the proper conversion if you render it that way.

Thanx man, asi easy as it was to figure out as it was, the game frame settings title got me complitely lost.
And thanx for the conversion, very wel explained, just for you to know you are my personal hero this week.

haha “uni” “corn” http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2031/unicornzn3.jpg

Yeah, they should be able to. But they can be as dumb as to tell you this “the resolution is not good enough, it’s 72 dpi when it should be 300” thing, when they don’t bother the check how large the image still is AFTER they increase the dpi to 300 without resampling the image. “WOW, I’ve got an image the size of a WALL here! ow it’s 72 dpi, … we can’t use that…”
The fact that a fourth of that wall will STILL MORE THAN easily fit on an A4 page sometimes seems to slip their mind.
This resolution thing to me seems like a fairytale. All that’s really important is the amount of pixels. you can set any dpi you like, as long as you don’t resample, so the amount of pixels stay the same.