UniHuman - Low Poly Human creator for blender 3D

I think when your in the Action window, you open the drop down window in that box to Shape Keys and then goto View > Sliders.

5* great work

peace,
-nick

hey thnx for releasing it the uv could be a little better lol but it greate the way it is now haha i made a char in 2 hours with this ( thexture and modelelth other stuff)

Attachments

I think it would be a better idea to make males and females each have a different base- mostly because the topology should change to accommodate differences between most \males and females. This is mostly evident in the chest and hips areas, though it might be good to use an entirely different set of morphs for female faces than males, to preserve gender cues.

You just made our lives a hole lot easier! Great work!

Thats a cool character. I like the style of the helmet. I’m glad I could help!

You have a point but there is a reason for having them the same topology. It halves the workload. For instance, If someone made a Chibi morph target it would have to be made twice, once for each gender, and at pains to make sure they matched.

I had plans to use a differend base for Man, Woman, Boy and Girl (in the same way quindam does) but as things stand currently that wasn’t feasable. Depending on whether or not this becomes popular/sucessful and there is a community drive behind it I would like in perhaps a 2.0 version to have all the different bases. This would need to be a colabrative effort and would need a bit of planning.

For the moment I’m going to stick with one base but in the future things will probably change. The ideal goal is to launch a full featured professional level product with textures, hair, clothes and so on but I’m of the release and itterate mentality not the perfect and release.

I only have one crit: please mention that what you are really offering as a resource is the pack of shape keys and the model. Your site almost seems to say that Unihuman is your own setup… Sorry if this seems like a flame.

…or Make Human will evolve to the point where it can make low poly models with Bump maps that are based of the high poly models.

I agree. Currently the boobs look like two giant rocks inserted in the chest of a man who got a sex change.

amazing dude

My UniHuman Cowboy (took about 5 hours and chopped off the feet)

More

I’m not really sure what you mean? like I’m acting as if it’s a program I wrote myself? I’m going to revise the site so I’ll try to clarify when I do that later on.

Well normal maps based off the high poly ones. Its true that this is in the design document of MakeHuman. The only problem is that MH is not geared towards this as it’s main goal and as such it won’t be out for ages. I first heard about MakeHuman over a year ago and they still haven’t implemented this feature. I have no doubt that their exported low polys will be much better then the UniHuman ones but that said UniHuman is here, now and ready for game ready models. That and it’s internal to blender (because it’s just a blend file) which some people might prefer.

What I’m saying really is that MakeHuman is future but UniHuman is present. Both will probably be able to coexist.

That is true. However for the mean time it is the way I want to keep the setup. Perhaps someone with a bit of modeling talent could adjust the base mesh into a more believable female shapekey? Full credit will be given as described in the blend file and on the site. If someone wants to do this try and keep the height the same if possible, thanks =D

I don’t mean that you are making it look like you wrote in the sliders, but before I finally downloaded it and looked at it, I was confused as to whether you did write in the sliders.

Wow this is fantastic it easily creates great looking models than run well :smiley:

5 stars

Dang this will be alot of help! thanks!

This is very cool…thanks for sharing man…good job!!

Nice, but I never saw more than 1/2 the sliders at a time, now they’ve
just disappeared. Multires is in /buttons/F9 menu. How do I get a bitmap of the UV map, screenshot the only way.

The default unihuman has no eyes, so I put some in, they need work. I think the Windows version
of Blender suffers from bad OpenGL, haven’t been able to try it anywhere else though. The mouse movement is really jerky, stuff disappears, etc.

http://terrymorgan.net/unihuman_eyes.zip

Attachments

It took me quite a while to find the sliders as well. To get them you have to adjust the action window until they appear. :smiley:

K, I fixed the eyes, next the ears. Face is from
http://www.facegen.com

Attachments

Same download link?