unlimited planar reflections & refraction (update)

(martin.hedin) #161

Good news!

Confirming that it does work with Nvidia using this buildfor example.

(GiovanniLucca) #162

This is really impressive!
Much more impressive than the water presented in a lot of recent games!

I have two questions:

1- Anyone knows how to do this in the blender’s internal render or even in cycles???
I’m looking for ages to a tutorial about this…

2- Anyone knows a way to make the water identify automatically the margin of river, ocean, lake… whatever, and make the transitions with the terrain softer?? Maybe with nodes?? Any hint??

(theShadow) #163

Would it be possible to have the texture have an opacity value based on the depth of the surface under it? basically as the depth becomes less, the texture becomes less opaque, until it gets to a point where the depth is 0, and the texture is completely transparent.

(GiovanniLucca) #164

Thanks for the reply! :wink:

In theory it appears simple! But I’m a noob with nodes and “noobier” with programing…
Anyone can help me with that?

(GraphiX) #165

If you want to make the edges softer, you could bake on a ambient occlusion map and use it as a alpha map. Or, do something similar with dynamic paint to find the intersections, and blur it up a bit.

(C.A.ligári) #166

Maybe that will help someone who is capable to do it:
This Guy http://prideout.net/blog/?cat=3 describes coding Soft Particles a Bit further down in this his Blog.

(GiovanniLucca) #167

this is what I’ve been doing so far!
but I want something more dynamic for working with animations … for example a boat or a person swimming …

I found this article that explains all about water rendering in real time. But as I do not know much about programming, I do not know how to apply these techniques. I hope that martinsh see this, he could do amazing things with this knowledge: http://www.fxguide.com/featured/assassins-creed-iii-the-tech-behind-or-beneath-the-action/

(piccobello) #168

Any updates on this?
Vertex wave displacement implementation?

(GraphiX) #169

his is what I’ve been doing so far!
but I want something more dynamic for working with animations … for example a boat or a person swimming …

I found this article that explains all about water rendering in real time. But as I do not know much about programming, I do not know how to apply these techniques. I hope that martinsh see this, he could do amazing things with this knowledge:http://www.fxguide.com/featured/assa…th-the-action/

Yeah, I still thing that dynamic paint, or something similar, is the way to do it. The ocean is a single plane, unlike ACIII’s waves, as I understand, and you have to have something detect where on the surface, since you can’t do much with the geometry.

(spiritfire) #170

all the shaders works well but only the ground-reflection,it’s renders like grid and some blur ghost but no reflection

(bankbaa) #171

I use your file in my game and got weird reflection
not have problem when play in your file
I append to use and got this

Attachments

(bankbaa) #172

what should I do to make water reflection disappear.
I just want transparent water.

(musikai) #173

Can’t help you with turning off the reflection but you can correct the graphic glitch if you make sure your waterplane isn’t below z=0.

(bankbaa) #174

I’ve set Z to = 0 and more than 0 and below 0 but I still get that glitch.
in original file it work well don’t have any glitch.

edit: when I set reflection sampler to 1 reflection glitch is gone but water surface color is gone too(water is transparent).

(blender_user) #175

reflection shaders don’t works for me:
i try different version of blender : 2. 49 - 2.66 but it will be the same.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11542084/reflection_shaders_1.0.blend

but other water reflect demo is fine:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11542084/water_surface_1.0.blend

im on ubuntu and nvidia gt240m (driver vesion 270.41.06)

and works well with bpcm demo the refract and reflect ball too.

any idea?

(leonnn) #176

All the game engines have refraction issues, even render engines, so its very hard to implement those thing in a way that it works 100%, you have to experiment with the shader and with the enviornment in order to achieve good results.

(blender_user) #177

thanx leonnn, i don’t think that this error only for me :slight_smile: , i hope someone can fix it and post it here. :slight_smile:

(iFlowProduction) #178

Hey Guys,

I need your help with the reflection-system, I’m using for my racing-game.
Everything I’m doing ends in weird reflections. :frowning:

I’d used the old scripts, the new scripts and even the clipping-fix, but the clipping-fix defiantly doesn’t work for me.

Clipping-“Fix”:

What do I have to change to reduce the water-reflections in the two first pictures?
Or is it possible to reduce them?

(iFlowProduction) #179

Thanks for your help, but it even doesn’t work for me. (Or i did something wrong) :frowning:

All the example files work fine without any error, but not in my Scenario.

Could you take a look at my file please? :slight_smile:
Maybe I overlook something.

Neverton_Error.blend (1.75 MB)

(bankbaa) #180

I wait for the answer too :yes: