Unmanned Gatling Gun

I did this for a SMC, hope you like it:

http://apieceofstring.com/albums/album01/gatlingguns.jpg

Antiggo- Just a note in advance I did not rip your guns off your stupid mech and I am not a hamster… If anything those are standard gatling guns both on your mech and my unmanned guns. And I wouldnt dream of doing a mech because they’re way overdone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr. Antiggo- Here is a pic of a standard gatling gun so plz flame someone else :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.gdatp.com/images/products/lethality/gau-8a/gau8_06-022003.jpg

and if you’re just kidding… please insert j/k afterward next time.

:smiley: nice gat!.. I like it!

just one thing that photo of the gat yo posted is far from standard, it’s huge and fires more then 1000+ rounds a second it’s shells are very large almost he thickness of ones arms.

so it’s not STANDERD!

I just needed to correct that. ow and again I like the design, and does it shoot liquid? very original :wink:

yeah, that’s an armor peircing high velocity rounds firing gatling gun, not standard, but it looks fine.

I like the design but the modeling is place-holder wip…at best.

Too many visiable polys, lighting is unrealistic and nothing is beveled.

Again, design good, execution bad.

it seems really dark. could you lighten it up a bit?

heh this blend is quite old… let me see if i can dig it up :slight_smile:

just one thing that photo of the gat yo posted is far from standard, it’s huge and fires more then 1000+ rounds a second it’s shells are very large almost he thickness of ones arms.

Actually Hanzo, according to your specifications the Gatling gun he gave the link too is more than “standard”. The one pictured belongs to the A-10 Thunderbolt, a.k.a “Tank Killer” or “Warthog”, it fires 1,800 rounds per minute and uses 30mm ammunition, which is as big as ones arm.

I read that the GAU-8 (big gun on A-10) fires around 4200 RPM or 3800 RPM depending on where you look. It was reported at firing in a low-speed at 1800, but that capability apparently has been taken out. Either way, it’s a really cool weapon. Makes this loud burping sound when it’s fired and completly wrecks whatever is on the recieving end.

Back to the point of the forum. That’s a great model for a SMC. Could use a reciever and flash suppresor (unless it’s a laser gatling gun).

Cheers,

Bob

alienhunter that’s why I said “far from standard” :wink:

Since this is just a piece of art I could care less how “standard” it is. I’m more interested in the creativity and imagination behind it. So in that regard, this looks like an original design to me and I like that about it. As mentioned previously though, if you wanted to “finalize” it, I would at least replace the octagonal pieces of the turret with something that has more verts. Nice chrome btw… how did you create it?