Unselectable edges

I’m new to blender and 3D modelling in general. I created a rather simple model and there are some edges and faces I cannot select (in the attached image I selected all edges with ‘a’, but you can see that from the top there are unselected edges left and right). Any clues?

Difficult to tell from your screenshot.
If you have non planar faces you can get some imaginary edges that try a fit within the bad geometry. They are not ‘real’ so you cannot select them. Check your model

Do you have any modifiers ? Some modifiers create geometry (such as mirror modifier) but it is not accessible until you apply the modifier

I’ve attached the model. I do not have any modifiers I’m aware of.
Also, I cannot select the resulting faces and that bugs me. I want to get rid of them.

Attachments

wohnung.blend (499 KB)

Well your geometry needs work but there’s not much of it so it should be fast. Since I don’t have any idea what you are trying to achieve it’s not possible to tell you what to do. I would begin by selecting that great big non planar face and deleting face only leaving the verts. Now you can reconnect them to give you the actual geometry that you want.

Attachments

wohnung_vielleicht.zip (111 KB)

Hmmm, ok - back to reading desk. I think I need to read something about geometry with Blender.
Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

It seems to me that you are distorting quads in more than one plane. E.g. take a plane, 2 verts that dont share an edge in Z, then look at your model from all directions. In the render it won’t matter, because your mesh get’s triangulated anyways, but in the viewport this something that “can’t physically happen”, so it looks weird.