cgCody's Workshop

What started out as a simple shader test has turned into making a robot. Then I got to thinking about the purpose of the robot. Now I have a whole bunch of ideas I want to explore with a group of characters, back stories, maybe even a series of images or graphic novel. Something space westerny with a small team of bounty hunters. I have no real direction so far. I’m just kinda wingin’ it since this project was unexpected from the beginning. Progress will probably be slow as I find the time.

Latest Update:

Anyway, first character is pretty much finished. I’m just playing with color schemes.
This is Abraham. His friends call him Ham. You may be tempted to refer to him as a robot. Just don’t say it to his face, unless you want a fist in yours. Ham was a tower of a human fella at one point, but for some mysterious reason known only to his closest friends, he ended up in the body of an old iDroid model. His massive ego and brutish personality more than make up for his small height of just one meter. Ham loves guns! The bigger the better! If it weren’t for his team lead constantly keeping him in check, he’d bring a rocket launcher to the simplest of bounty encounters. On the tough jobs, you better believe he’s gonna blow stuff up!

Stay tuned for more. I’ll be working on some gun props next. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is looking pretty good, so far!
Can’t wait to see updates.

2 Likes

Small update.

I modeled out a picatinny rail. I know, so exciting. It was made array-able with end caps so I can slap it onto multiple weapons for insta-greeble.

I also started concepting on a sorta bullpup gauss rifle looking thing.

Finally had some time to come back to this beautiful mess of a project(s) (I did say progress would be slow)

While working on this gauss gun, I thought it’d be fun to see how practical and plausible I could make it. So everything from the proper circuitry for a coil gun, to the construction/assembly of the parts is being considered. Once I finish the gun, I have long list of attachments and alternative “after market” parts in mind.

Some key points that I’ve thought out:

• This is not a rifle. A Gauss (or coil) gun utilizes a smooth bore barrel. Stabilization of the projectile will depend on it’s own geometry.
  • The lack of a need for any chemical reactions eliminates the need for a sliding bolt assembly. The projectiles are fired directly from the magazine.
  • The design is highly modular. With few moving parts, swapping components is easy and relatively cheap. The standard picatinny rails can be utilized for additional attachments such as sights and foregrips.
  • The major components are held together by 3 pressure pins for easy, tool-less takedown in the field.
  • The platform is powered by a graphene based power source located within the magazine. This ensures consistency between ammo and power supply.
  • Power is supplied to the control board, which charges each of the capacitors before discharge into the coils.
  • The projectiles are bolts with a length of 3mm and diameter of 5mm. These projectiles may be small, but are launched at hypersonic speeds causing massive hydrostatic shock damage.

That’s all for now. :slight_smile: