Unwanted deformation on curve array

Hello everyone!

i have the following problem:
whenever i array an object on a curve via array- and curve-modifier, the object gets deformed very badly on points of the curve that are set to “vector”.
i already tried to solve it by adding several loopcuts to the shape itself to make it bend more easily but this doesn’t seem to help at all.

i know that i can also bevel a curve on a curve to achieve undeformed results, but this is not an option because i want to animate the rotation of initial object that is being arrayed on the curve.

i know that this deformation is a known issue and has several threads on the forum, but duplifaces or parent objects on planes haven’t solved my problem either. :confused:

or as an alternative: is it possible to animate to animate a curve bevel object that i then stretch out on the second curve?

can anybody point me in the right direction?

thanks!

It will still be deformed, it’s unavoidable with sharp bends.

When you use another curve as a bevel object you gain access to ‘Bevel Factor’, this has a ‘Start’ and ‘End’ which can be animated, you can add shape keys to curves also. In your case, I would make three curves that are straight (that make up your triangle), then give them all a bevel curve object and animate the ‘Start’ and ‘End’ of each. You could also try using the ‘screw’ modifier set to 3 turns, but you will still prob end up with deformation.

1 Like