UPBGE 0.3.0 crashes when saving

Hello all,
I have been encountering crashes in the 5/15 build of UPBGE 0.3.0. I’m not sure if this is a problem with the software itself, or something I can fix by adjusting the user preferences. It usually crashes when I try to save the file. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I use blender_debug_log.cmd which can be found in your main Blender folder to debug Blender crashes.

Steps To Debug

  1. Run the cmd script, then click any key while hovering over the activated cmd window, I choose enter key
  2. Blender should be run than and when it crashes, your file explorer should open a newly created folder with debug prints, look at blender_debug_output.txt not blender_system_info.txt

Thanks a lot! I will try that.

Does the output file save to the main Blender folder?

Oh never mind. I just tried running the command and it gives this info.

1 Like

Could you post the info from blender_debug_output.txt?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I haven’t encountered the issue since I started using blender_debug_output.txt. Weird. I’ll post if it happens again though.

1 Like

I just got a random crash. Here are the debug files.
blender_debug_output.txt (2.7 KB)
blender_system_info.txt (25.6 KB)

Here is the report from another crash.
blender_debug_output.txt (6.0 KB)
blender_system_info.txt (25.6 KB)

And another
blender_debug_output.txt (3.6 KB)
blender_system_info.txt (25.6 KB)

Could you paste here this file?: C:\Users\cholm\AppData\Local\Temp\Retro_Graphics_Template.crash.txt

Retro_Graphics_Template.crash.txt (17.2 KB)

It is strange. I can’t find any clues in the logs. Does it occurs you if you use Blender instead of UPBGE? (Basically, the crash occurs when you use the Blender part)

1 Like

This can be related in case when .blend file was prepared in standard new blender version and opened UPBGE and saved.

  1. The 1st question is, that this case touching this (2 blenders)?
  2. Thse 2nd is about usage of B. Onlline Assetes?
    a) if BAS was used, then possible problem with delete some material (add-on have bug)
    b) if BAS and add-on used… try to delete some last materials from Blender File, not around layer
    c) if you meet problem with crashing when ctr+z, then more possible, that file was broken around indexes for material

If you opening .blend1 or autosave… and still have this problem, most possible is about material problem.
.blend file is required probably to check problem.
I’m curious how about standard blender looks this saving proces.

2 Likes

I see that log operating around bpy.context.object.active_material_index
By this I’m more sure about problem around add-on online assets.
Just not use ctr+z if You doing this or using, and wait for new version of this addon or FIX for this.

1 Like

I only use the 3.0 version of UPBGE, but I’ll try appending my project into a new file just for good measure.