Upbge - 0.3.0

True, What’s great about my Closed Team environment is that ive encouraged my fellow team members to learn from the Game and how things are made, therefore many are able to improve their own projects as well using our method of making the game.

@anon14599097 ohh yeah :smile: Planets, planets are all made by me (Since i behold the creative vision behind the story and the overall plot of the game) i did encourage them to create their own favorite worlds, some lack creativity some are afraid to try thinking it’d hurt the plot, some just don’t seem to have any idea at all for planets such as things, what else to create.

But overally im always open to Team suggestions infact they come up with the best ideas i just make it happen!!!

At this point if there’s anything im very good at, its because of my experience with the Engine that ive gained for so many years, (Over the past decade, despite the fact that i havent shown anything technical yet)

ive used BGE and now forked as UPBGE i can only progress as a result of what i know and how i work around the limitations of the Engine instead of fixing the Engine … its hard but it pay’s off my best advise would be for you to keep using it, the more experience you get the more you will know how to work around its limitations and ultimately push and make your game come to life.

Making a GTA game is very easy from my point of view and Blender is capable of such games with huge environments my projects have broken the limits of the Engine (As far as Expectations are concerned on a technical as well as on a visual Scale, and redefine how do we tackle the SCOPE of the Game) and we’ve pushed the Engine far beyond what it can even handle, now that i look back on people’s comments about the Engine based on their personal opinions; i dont think that they have an idea what this Engine is even capable of doing. Since their statements were vague and stemmed from ignorance!
(As a Team, “weekly” we’ve been discovering new things and UPBGE continues to impress us now we just need to Deliver)

Just as @Martinish is working on pushing the boundaries so am “i” and my Team !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Is not just ‘oh yeah planets’ :crazy_face: … it’s just oh nooo !!! planets :scream:. I’m trying to build a 15 km city, and the details are insane. Lot of things to do. I mean you just limited the environment to our solar system right ? Cause we know Mars, we know the Moon and Pluto and stuff, about how they are made so we can get inspired … some data about, we can have some sort of realistic vision ! I mean we can nuke Earth so there would be nothing scifi special about, and can envision the other planets. Dusty creatures, from Mars, plasma ones, gas ones … don’t know …

1 Like

Lol True @anon14599097 :grin: :smile: :slightly_smiling_face:
not even :fearful: :laughing: , ive got a full range of Planets and just to let you know we’re doing planets at full planetary scale so yeah its pretty daunting to say the least but we’re also at work on Biomes we need Biodiversity not repetition of endless terrain without any difference …

We’re working on Variety how can we make all these large planets accessible and areas beautiful and relaxing open to exploration and not Dull Grey stressing repeated places that feel lacky and samey …

so that was our Biggest Goal we had to Conquer and we’re winning thus far !!!

Fred/K.S

And our solar system will fight with some alien creatures from these planets ? Kinda build and expand game? Third person, resources management? Man you really need some human resource on this the way i see it, especially the way you wanna have … how you’r gonna fill up the realistic scaling environment and having some graphics to? Whatever i’m in. If there’s anything i can help or do …

1 Like

@anon14599097 You’ll have to join the Discord from my thread and join the collaboration team :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Our Game has alot to it so you’ll learn in my Circles…

And our solar system will fight with some alien creatures from these planets ? Kinda build and expand game? Third person, resources management? Man you really need some human resource on this the way i see it, especially the way you wanna have … how you’r gonna fill up the realistic scaling environment and having some graphics to? Whatever i’m in. If there’s anything i can help or do …

Well kinda something like that but there is yet much to learn about the project and its direction. :sunglasses: :+1:

Fred/K.S

Hey buddy Here’s How you can join:

Just Click on this - !!! JOIN TBW DISCORD !!!
And create your account with a Verified Email address…

Boom then You’re in the Discord Server my team will take you through the procedure once you there …

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Ok back. Keep us informed with updates ok guys ? Thanx a lot to devs. again.

Is there a workaround for instances to inherit/retain collision bounds or should I stick to using linked duplicates for now?

Could be just me, but I tried on 2 computers and it seems setting an object to Navmesh causes blender to crash on Game Exit :confused:
I left an Issue for that

1 Like

I just stumbled across this:

At some point, ideasman suggests that they could make an actuator for this since SDL supports changing resolution on all platforms.

Could this still be a thang? :thinking:

since a while we have been able to set the game window resolution “in game”.

whether the new upbge retained that feature, idk.

nice man keep up the good work ! :wink:

how can i script for upbge 0.3 ? I ask because my BGE project crashes in upbge 0.3 after some secs in game, so i wonder if there’s anything different.

same syntax ? import bge … etc

edit : how to output bugs if upbge crashes ?

When i imported some files from bge, armatures crashed the game in upbge 3.0. When i pushed a button that enabled some movement with armatures nodes, boom it crashed ! I started disabling nodes one by one, after armatures were disabled it worked, but … no animations. Same for some 2d filters. Same for some tga files, so i converted them to jpg. With armatures you will have to ask someone who knows better about this, same with 2d filters !

1 Like

Open console first, in windows open CMD and execute blender right there in order to keep it open if upbge crashes, so you can read what happened there.

Linux I think is the same.

1 Like

news ? updates ? :smiley:

youle did some work on a collection actuator - can quickly make a whole group of items invible / no collision / suspend / restore logic - it’s meant to kinda be a replacement for overlays

loki has been making a stable version 0.2.5x of ‘legacy’ bge and bug fixing on 0.3.0

2 Likes

they’r like heroes up in here :joy:, can’t even think how they keep up with all of this. Answering questions, updating, fixing bugs.

I wonder how this game would look like if he brings this to UPBGE 0.3.0 ?

Lets see what this game could turn out in to then…

Fred/K.S

Hey man where can i find info about the updates that are made on upbge 3.0 ? I can only find the downloads page with the current updated version of today!