UPBGE 2.4b2 simple motion "motion logic brick" will not rotate?

I cannot fathom what I am doing wrong. I have created this simple example of my problem. if you press “r” the cube is supposed to rotate, but it does not. I can translate, but not rotate with this simple motion “motion logic brick”.

Such a simple thing. I’m really banging my head on this one… Does it rotate for you all?
simplemotionnorotate.blend (459.8 KB)

It works fine for me, even when the caps lock is on. Sorry.

good to know it rotates for you. what software/version did you use to run it?

oh! and you did play the game and press the “r” key to rotate not just rotate in the 3d view right?

It rotates well for me at runtime for me in UPBGE 0.24 (The issue could well be still a bug on your end):

1 Like

Hey,
I also tried your file and it works just fine for me as well, I use UPBGE 0.30.0 Alpha.
Maybe consider an Update? If its not necessary to use the version you have.

I am using 0.2.5 and works perfectly fine here.

1 Like

Hello, I have a UPBGE 0.2.5 ab engine and I want the character in this project to move on the keyboard by walking, running and jumping, and the problem is that I want him to jump by pressing one button forward, and I do not know how to help with this, and I also want him to breathe and when he stops The movement of walking, running and jumping comes back to breathing. I will send you the project in which everything is ready in the frames of the movements of breathing, walking, running and jumping, and it is with a mediafire link and also another link to the UPBGE 0.2.5 ab engine if you do not have it and I hope you can help me Thank you

Project link :

UPBGE 0.2.5 a-b :

Sorry but i’m not going to build it for you, and definitely not with bricks.

Depending on what you want:
you need a boundingbox aka character box, add a cube make it invisible and put your character in it, then parent the armature to the box. Now you can put the movement bricks on the cube, and you can put the animation bricks on the armature. If you select both objects while holding shift then you can link the logic bricks from the cube to the armature, saves you time. From this point it’s figuring out how to use the bricks the way you want it. I’m not the right person for it, i won’t even try to make suchs a spaghetti with the bricks.

So then we get into python, you know python?
if not then i suggest you learn BGE python, then you can program it to do what you want. If you do know python then i got a template in my resources that you can use and alter to your liking.

2 Likes

I should mention that I “solved” this problem. I re-downloaded the upbge file and it worked. I imagine I changed some setting and when it was set back to default it fixed the issue, but I’m just guessing.

Why are you using a UPBGE 0.24b version might I ask.

Any reason you are not comfortable using UPBGE 0.25b?

Sorry about the delay. I got busy with work.

I am using .24b because it is compatible with blender 2.79 which is where I started this project. If I upgrade upbge, I loose my texturing for sure. And who knows what else. In one way, I wish I could move to upbge .3 because I now have a newer graphics card that seems to be supported in .3, but not completely in .24b.

How so, are you getting an OpenGL error?

I’d have to test it. Since this is off topic, I might make another thread.