UPBGE How can I create armatureCostraint via python Component?

Hello. Im making a game project on UPBGE 0.2.5
I wanna create armatureConstraints via python component. But I dont know how can I do it? However is create armatureConstraint possible? im sorry for my poor english

https://upbge.org/api/bpy.types.ArmatureConstraint.html#/documentation/docs/v0.2.5/api/bge.constraints.html#module-bge.constraints
use UPBGE API for look how create constraints

While I could be mistaken, I do not believe bone constraints can be added dynamically at runtime, only enabled and disabled and they are required to having pre-existed the game start. You will likewise be required to update your armature after the enabling or disabling of a bone constraint if changed dynamically.

Those are object constraints, not bone constraints.

that’s why I gave a link only to physical constraints, in version 0.3.0 you can do this using the bpy module, in versions 0.2.5 you can use only physical constraints (dynamic and rigid bodies) or use bone actuators for which you can create connections again at the expense of Physics Constraints (bge.constraints) but you will not create restrictions inside a specific dice during the execution of the game and you can only get what has already been created as in this topic by bge [help][bge] set bone location - #21 by winspeednl

The OP stated that they are looking for a solution in UPBGE 0.2.5 though, not UPBGE 0.3x.

i show link for only API UPBGE 0.2.5 and bge topic and not show links or solution for 0.3.0, if you know solution for UPBGE 0.2.5 - show link or solution

I seem. If I want to create armature constraint with python, should I use UPBGE 0.3.0?

Yes, use UPBGE 0.3+ if you want to. BPY works in those versions, allowing the use of dynamic creations thanks to Blender’s native modules.

1 Like