UPBGE Particle System

For download:

sorry my English isn’t good
if my_English_was_good.positive:
i would explain in more detail :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi, and welcome. Nice to see a new Game Maker arround. You have some cool Stuff on your Page. Thank You for sharing. But untill the eevee branch becomes the regular UpBGE, you should name it “UpBGE eevee”, or something. Just to avoild confusions. - I tried to open the Files in UpBGE 0.2.5, what is the regular UpBGE, an was rurprised that it won’t work.

The Particle System is cool. But like every Python driven animation, it should used with caution. Multible use can extremely slow down the Game Scene.
Some Templates for Fire, Rain, Smoke etc. would be nice. That would help to use and understand it.

You have impressive Programming Skills. Have you thougt about a Shader Version. I don’t know it this is even possible. But that would be a great Thing.

_

I like that Portal-FX too. In UpBGE 0.2.5 is a Timer Node. That alouws to realize animated Textures in the Meterial Shaders. TileTextures like yours, and also sliding, rotation etc. I am not good with Blender 2.8x and eevee, so i dont know if there is something similar.

I just want to give some Feedback. Keep on the great work. I’m excited to see what you doing next.
Doc

1 Like

hi, thank you for your comment :slight_smile:

“But untill the eevee branch becomes the regular UpBGE, you should name it “UpBGE eevee”, or something. Just to avoild confusions. - I tried to open the Files in UpBGE 0.2.5, what is the regular UpBGE, an was rurprised that it won’t work.”

you are right about this subject, i will write the version number in my future posts.

“Have you thougt about a Shader Version.”

I focused on making games right now, maybe in the future

here a few tests about the particle system, we have a problem with color options

1 Like

here is the tutorial (There is no voice but I think it is understandable)

1 Like

thanks,the tutorial is easy to understand.I made a simple fire effect myself .

hope you resolve the color problem and bring more function to this particle system for upbge.

1 Like

I set the particle number,when particles run out.Is there away to recharge particles to restart the effect without restart game ?

add_Particle_Effect.blend (1.5 MB)
press spacebar for action :slight_smile:

move particle system to deactivated layer and use edit object actuator - add object - select particle system

I also use this method in my own game

import bge

def main():

cont = bge.logic.getCurrentController()
    own = cont.owner
    scene = bge.logic.getCurrentScene()

#sens is near sensor
    sens = cont.sensors['Near']

if sens.positive:
        scene.addObject("Particle_System",own,100)

main()

Wow, this is amazing! :blue_heart: Really cool system!

1 Like

just wanted to say super cool addon , thanks much

1 Like

Just curious, but does it work in 0.2.5a or just 0.3.0?

I made it for version 0.3 alpha, I haven’t tried it in other versions yet.

1 Like