UPBGE physics

for some reason Character physics in UPBGE is a bit buggy and my character is walking through walls (some times climbing to the top in no time ) with a laggy move i tried it with a simple cube and a simple wall and the same issue is still coming out then i tried it with the normal BGE in blender 2.79 , the physics was perfect ! do any one know how to use old bullet in UPBGE ?? or a fix for all the UPBGE physics issues ???

waiting for respond artists :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have the same of the proublem

2 Likes

disable collision bounds when selecting character. and apply rotation and scale.

1 Like

But that will make the half of the character fall through the ground😀

1 Like

I did some searches and i found that i can add old physics using a BRANCH , currently i don’t know what a BRANCH is or how to use it :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Any ideas???:upside_down_face:

1 Like

yeah apply rotation and scale

1 Like

Old physics did checks when you moved a object to ensure it did not go through a wall with set location

You can mimic this behavior with raycast

Or compile the branch ge_23a_oldBullet

I believe UPBGE 0.3.0 alpha also has this old bullet behavior

2 Likes

Yeah about that , how to install a BRANCH :smile:

1 Like

character physics aren’t made for a player in a game, it’s made to quickly explore things you have made for your game (like terrain/buildings/etc.)

dynamic physics for a character box is what you need/want. with movement by adding velocity or force.

4 Likes

But it doesn’t contain character jump :thinking: or does it ???

1 Like

unless you make it jump or program it, no

2 Likes

I tried it now , played around with some actuators , and i want to say one sentence…
…thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !thank you !:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like