Hello! Here’s a project I’ve been working on, just for fun: a Random City Generator.
It actually just adds random objects (streets, buildings, houses, fences, etc) following a set of rules. For now it’s working pretty nice, I’m just adding content to it. It’s meant to look like a Playstation 1 game, so don’t complain about the graphics.
Images and demo video at the bottom of the post. Feel free to work on it, use the script and assets, request new features and so on, it’s a work for the community. :eyebrowlift:
The current TODO and features list is the following:
- Add given number of streets with rules [COMPLETED]
- Add buildings at given spawn points with random colors [COMPLETED]
- Model new buildings [COMPLETED]
- Model and fit posts and its wires [COMPLETED]
- Add fences [COMPLETED]
- Add skybox [COMPLETED]
- Add character to explore city [COMPLETED]
- Add trees and plazas
- Add car to explore city
- Implement minimap
- Add cars and pedestrians with simple AI
- Implement dynamic loading of scenery