[UpBGE] Who can crash this File?

Hi, i investigate a Problem what i have with UpBGE. 0.2.5. and earlier. This File crash immediately, or sometimes it takes up to 40 tries. Lets see, if this can be reproduced on other Systems. I think it has to do with Geometry Instancing. But im not sure because others run this File stable, and even with much more System Load.

Crash Geometrie Instancing (Studie converted).zip (316.8 KB)

Win10 64
Ryzen 5 3600X 6Core
Radeon RX 590

2 Likes

Won’t crash at all!! Suprising :smiley:

1 Like

yeap, no crash too.
Win7 64

2 Likes

I used windows 10 64. I haven’t tried my linux os yet.

1 Like

Strange. Do you also have AMD Cards?

1 Like

Not that I know of.

1 Like

no, Nvidia GeForce GT 730

2 Likes

i do:

r5 1600
rx 470 nitro + oc

No crashes, but the funny part is starting the file is instant, closing(esc) will take a second a 1.5

2 Likes

IK right. I did change the file, if you duplicate everything 52 times then it will crash.

1 Like

Thank You all, Guys. So, it won’t be a Bug then. I wonder what the Problem is.

1 Like

I think I might know what the problem is. With high vertices and high amounts of faces WITHOUT back-face culling, it will crash because blender has to change every single one of those vertices when you move.

But Backface culling is enabled. And the File crashes me, with only this 1000 Cubes. I made a clean installation, and deleted even the Folders in AddData. Still crashing.

1 Like

How much RAM do u have?

When blender crashes, it generates a file with information about the crash. This is placed in the C://tmp folder and (iirc) is named ‘segfault.txt’ or ‘crash.txt’ or something like that.
By looking at that file you can sometines figure out why it crashed without needing to set up a full dev/debug environment.

Ah, i forgot it. Could you copy blender_debug_gpu.cmd and blender_debug_log.cmd from a current blender 2.82&on build and use it inside upbge0.2.5?
This way we can obtain more info about the crash.

@ Aj8841
I have 16GB System Memory.

@ sdfgeoff
There is no such File in that Folder.

@ lordloki_reloaded
Ok, i copied the File. But how do i use it?

It is like an executable. Double click. You have to put it at blender.exe level.
After, it generates files to copy.

Ah, ok. This Time it crashes immediately and generates these two Files:
debug_logs.zip (8.7 KB)

1 Like