Update Mechanic creation 16/08/02

Looks great :slight_smile:

What will you put inside the body?

1. pofo

how did you do all these automatic stuff?
Thats pretty coool!!

Coming along very nicely theeth. Can’t wait to see you anim with this at the end.

BgDM

I don’t know yet :-?

how did you do all these automatic stuff?

lots of tests and experimentations :wink:

Martin

damn…damndamndamndamn.
My idea was a praying mantis too…o well…I didn’t stand a chance anyway :smiley:

the breaded part is only the outer shell. The inner core is made of tiny bilaminated (don’t know the english word, [i]the process of fitting two different metals with a very strong heat strech difference, so that if you make an electrical current go through it, the metal piece will bend on itself"

If you tear apart the blinker component in a car you can see this. kinda, not to the extent of the metals fused into 1, but rather a thin strip of metal is soldered on to a bigger shiny piece. when the thinner one gets current it makes the bigger one bend and go “click”

or maybe i am insane and found part of a UFO???

Crow: no, you dind’t find the part of a UFO, the principle I was talking about is used in blinking lights all the time.

Martin

New version: http://www.geocities.com/theeth/DirectLink.html

Now, the arms and claw are bone with a special rig of mine where I can control the position of the elbow with IKs while the rest of the arm remain paralel without twisting. It took me about an hour to rig it like this, but it was well worth it.

The claws are setup in the same automatic rig as the wings.

I just need to think of an environement, tweak the materials and animate it for a short demo of the rig.

Any comments? Suggestions?

Martin

pretty cool concept!it looks doable,the first thing that comes to mind when seeing the fore arms is a harvester,wich is fitting if taken in the right context.the mechanics are unique,i like the idea of the piston arm integrated with the ball joint,efficient. cool work!!!

rixtr

Nifty. All the automatics are very cool. How’s their calculation hitting your system? I like the control structures for the scythes. For your parallel IK control, did you come up with the same solution I did - i.e. normal IK chain with the root bone copy-loc-rot’ed to another single bone IK “chain”, both with the same target? It lets you move your long IK chain (elbow, wrist, etc.) without any bending or rolling of the chain.

This contest is so cool.

It looks great!
Maybe the arms and/or claws should be a bit thicker. It looks kinda fragile right now and not as front-heavy as a praying mantis. (just a thought, I might be completely wrong ;))

1. pofo