For the past 3 months or so, I’ve been immersed in a project with a North Korean ministry called “Cornerstone Missions International”.
I was responsible for basically everything visual, from character creation and rigging to animation and editing. I’ve used Blender in just a small modeling capacity with them before, but this is the first project we decided to do in full 3D. As such, 99% of all work was done in Blender, and as such, I thought it’d be fitting to share here.
Because of limited time I couldn’t push the project to a level of my satisfaction, but I’d say it’s overall passable. There’s a bit of content I’d like to share, so I’ll divide them up categorically into a few posts.
First, here’s a simple animatic I created using Grease Pencil:
For the animation, I decided to go towards a cel-shaded look with black outlines. But I wanted to do everything in the viewport to cut render times, so it feels like it’s been workarounds galore.
Here’s an example of one of the assets, a Gorgonzola Cheese pizza:
The final video actually isn’t out yet. Watch this space for the final video, which I will post once it is published.
But for now, check out the posts below for more content.
*Edit: The final video is out: