Urgent! - Accidentally Deleted All Subscriptions!

Please help! I selected a few threads I wanted to delete and then pressed “Empty Current Folder” thinking this would only delete my selected threads but it seems to have deleted all of my threads. Please tell me I can get them back!

Paint Guy

http://blenderartists.org/forum/webkit-fake-url://A241F557-6FCD-4F64-8B2A-7E7D6A89FA47/image.tiff

bumping this.

Unfortunately, I think that’s a permanent change. Yikes.

I’ll check to see if I’m wrong, but you’re probably going to have to rebuild your subscriptions.

Thanks Fweeb.

I didn’t see an option to delete individual threads from my subscription so I chose “Empty Current Folder” thinking that would delete only my selected threads I wanted to delete.

Maybe the option to delete individual threads could be more clear so this doesn’t happen to someone else.

BTW, how would I rebuild my subscriptions? All of my previous threads over the last 5 years will be gone. Correct?

The threads themselves have not been deleted, just your subscription to them. As a test, you should be able to use the forum’s search feature to find all posts you’ve made. Then you can use the Thread Tools menu to subscribe to that thread.

You can see all the threads you started from your Profile page.
Threads that have not had a post in the last 12 months are automatically closed so any old threads will not have any new posts anyway so you can forget about them.

Just take it to be a clean out and a fresh start. Old threads are not that important anyway.

Thanks Fweeb and Richard. Yes I’ll consider this my early spring cleaning! :wink:

I can open each thread and manually select (thread tools > subscribe to thread) but was wondering if I can subscribe to all of my threads at once. Manually opening 288 threads will take forever. :frowning:

Fweeb do you have the ability to do this from the back end or server side?

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this from the admin panel. Doing it would require munging with the database and writing a script or SQL snippet… and I think we can all agree that the world would be a better place if I weren’t allowed to do that. :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks fweeb.