Use infonode-random to control uv's coordinates in cycles

Is it possible? I want to use it on dupliverts to slightly shift texture on x direction in random fashion and avoid obvious texture repetition.

Cheers,
n1k

I am not certain but I think it is not possible: the random number from the info node is per object and i think the dupli-objects are regarded as the same object in this respect. But just try and you will know :slight_smile: a different approach might be to write a random number node in osl that takes a seed as input and connect the generated coordinates to this seed socket (afaik the generated coordinates will be different for each dupli)

Oh so much to read:) Thanks.Did some progress my self with separate rgb node and vector math but this examples you linked look really good.

Thanks once again for replays.

Cheers,
n1k

Ricky suggested adding the UV output with the random output through a vector math node. It seems to work but it applies the offset for both x,y and z. In order to just offset one axis I can use the separate RGB and combine RGB nodes to insert the random value on just that one axis. Here’s my node setup for that if anyone’s interested.