Use of non blender tutorials and cylinders and circles for low poly creature modeling

i think non blender tutorials will be helpful for blender users too as long as you know the basics because 3ds max tutorials can help in hardsurface while zbrush tutorials can give you tips and tricks for sculpting maya ones can give you help in animating and unwrapping there are always tips and tricks that can work in both software seriously i learned to model some stuff like faces and creatures from 3ds max tutorials while i learned detailing from zbrush ones

and lets get to second topic
cylinders and circles tbh these shapes will help you more in modeling that cubes they are round which gives the a z and x dimension
i made this using cylinders this is low poly i applied shade smooth and couple of loop cuts for smooth roundness

so yeah cylinders are better for creatures and cubes for anything non organic i think beginners should not use cubes for modeling creatures nor subdivision modifier

blender tutorials first so you know what tools there are and where they are then you should watch non blender ones after a 1 year of use

and i know its controversial

Of course you can even learn something by watching tutorials about drawing, painting, clay modeling, wood/stone carving and some other handcrafting tutorials because many things have to look like the way they are because they where build that way… You don’t have to build every brick of a wall but maybe think about the ways bricks are layed (patterns/weavings) or cut (half, 2/3) to build that wall.

2 Likes

yes agreed