Useful firefox bookmark.

Paste it into the location area of a new bookmark. It gives a popup box where you enter a word and press enter, it then takes you take a page with the “google define:” of that word.

Written by moi :smiley: it’s a bit hackish, as I don’t really know javascript, but wanted the bookmark :smiley:

javascript:x=escape(getSelection());if(!x)%7Bvoid(x=prompt('Define:',''))%7D;window.location='http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3A'+x+'&btnG=Google+Search'

you evil java scripter!

heh, just kidding…that’s handy, very nice work. adblock doesn’t seem to like it much though, unless it’s used while viewing a page where java script has been allowed previously. i guess a workaround for that would be to allow about:blank through adblock and only use it on a fresh new tab. i noticed if cancel is clicked, it defines the word “null”, i though that was kinda funny. anyway, thank you, i’ll be using this alot.

But wouldnt it be easier to just type “define:word” in the search field thats already link to google; next to the address bar?

thats what i do… but nice script anyway :wink: