I don’t know where to post this, I have been searching the forums and I don’t see many people sharing keymaps, so if this is in the wrong forum or is not useful please advise/move/delete/ thread at will.
So back on topic: for a while now I like creating my custom keymaps for Blender, I am sorry but I just can’t get used to selecting with the right mouse button, we’ve been taught otherwise all our lives (I’ve wondered how many Blenderheads out there actually use the default select with the right mouse button).
Anyway, some times a recreate it from scratch, and make changes and improvements to it, but never got to share it, today I decided to do it; it conforms a bit more to the “conventions” of other software.
It is based on Blender’s default and I changed as little as possible to make it comfortable for me, mostly modified keymaps for the areas I use, like the 3D view, Selection and File Browser so everything else should work (I haven’t really tested much yet).
Changes to default keymap:
Select with left mouse button
Click and drag for border select
Consistent selection modifiers for border or direct select:
Shift only ads
Alt only removes
Double click deselects all
- Middle mouse pans view (CAD and 3DsMax Style)
- Shift or Alt + Middle mouse button rotates view
- Double middle click zooms selection
- \ Toggles Isolate selection mode (the \ key that is not in the Numpad in Portuguese keyboard layout its next to the 1 key)
- 1, 2, 3, 4 for mesh selection modes (vertex, edge, face, all)
- Alt + 1, 2 or 2 for inverted selection mode (edge and face, vertex and face, vertex and edge)
- Shift + Z Rendered View in Cycles (Will generate harmless error warning if another renderer is active)
- Double click selects objects during Weight Paint (avoids conflict with paint)
- Ctrl + D Bookmarks folder
- Double click opens
- Ctrl + N New Folder
- File Browser
- Shift select fills selection
- Backspace goes to parent (instead of Back)
That is all I can recall doing, there are probably other smaller tweaks.
I made it primarily for personal use, but hope it is useful to anyone else.