User Preferences / Input / Keys: What is Tweak?

I’m new to this and struggling with the basic basics like moving objects around! I think I’ve sorted most of it, but there are two things i don’t understand:

1. Why are there so many lines for things like Rotate? Can I delete some, or do they perform actions in different scenarios? I see there are key options under all of the editing types, but when i changed my Pan options to keyboard arrows under Global, it didn’t change anything.
  2. I understood that ‘Tweak’ was mouse drag, but when i changed rotate to Tweak + MR, and then went back to 3D view, the rotate worked fine, but it didn’t return to normal when i let go of the mouse, or when i clicked ML, or any number of other combinations. I was unable to even move the mouse out of the window and ended up having to do Ctrl + Alt + Del!

I have looked online but can’t find anything that answers this properly, so would really appreciate some guidance!

:spin:

There’s an additional option under the edting tab in preferences “Release Confirms”, if this is checked, letting go of the mouse button confirms an action, otherwise you still need to press <CR>.
I’d seriously recommend spending a couple of hours just getting familiar with the basic rotate/move/scale options and mouse actions.
I think the 3 lines for rotate view are for using MMB, or using the trackpad, personally, I stick with the MMB on the mouse, click and hold to rotate the view, Ctrl+MMB for zoom and Shift+MMB to pan.