I have a slightly unusual setup here, so I will describe it
- Sun Ultra 27 workstation with quad core 3.33 GHz Xeon processor, 24 GB RAM
- Running OpenSolaris (quite an old version I would admit, but not easy to upgrade)
- VirtualBox 4.1.6 (again quite old, but there are good reasons I will not be able to update this.
- VirtualBox guess extensions installed, and configured for 3D graphics support.
- 32-bit Windows XP, with service pack 3, running as a Virtual machine in VirtualBox
- 3D graphics enabled on VirtualBox,
- NVidia graphs card - forget model, but at the time I purchased this Ultra 27, it was the most expensive one.
- Blender 2.7.4 (latest version)
I want to use Blender for video editing, but any attempt to display user preferences results in totally unreadable text, despite the rest of blender is clear, and the rest of my desktop is clear. I attach a screenshot of the whole desktop.