Using Blender for modeling in AI

Hi everyone, as part of my AI theory known as Inorganic Cellular Intelligence (ICI) I just announced a modeling toolkit using pre-made models in a .blend file. It’s simple in terms of the use of Blender, but powerful in terms of giving researchers the ability to visualize advanced concepts and work with them interactively. As much as I hope it becomes useful for the ICI community, I hope the use of Blender provides a potential larger audience for it than it may allready have in that arena as well. Check out the ICI site creatingthenextus.com and watch the videos. Let me know what you think! - Nick

Thanks for posting. I’m not a Blender guru by any means but I have a few suggestions you might want to explore. I would definitely employ snapping in your video as this would be a big time saver. Smooth shading will look nicer if it doesn’t bog down. Don’t be afraid to use shortcuts. You can record your keystrokes in your videos. I realize your Blender skills will only get better.

Also, I’m not a scientist by any stretch, but I’d like to see a step-by-step video of a mind mapping example laid out in your 3D model. Not in generic fashion, but a real world example. I realize you are at the beginning of this, but so far 2D models seem to work pretty well. How would you label your cells?

I also wonder if the cells are too complex. Do each of the spheres mean something on each cell? Why so many? How does the structure help map the thought process? I went to your website and, at least for me, I found much of it too technical. Or perhaps even too abstract. Of course maybe your target audience will understand better.

Thank you so much for your input. My Blender skills are definitely basic so I’ve got a lot I can improve on there, my audience for the toolkits users is likely starting from scratch with Blender though so I’m at least showing them some way of doing things. Over time (and with good suggestions like yours) it will all get smoother. I’ll try out your suggestions and see how it goes.

As for ICI and the cells themselves, the theory and mechanics covers several huge topics all of which are unique to it. It’s taken over 30 years to progress it as far as it has and document it to this point so you are among good company when it comes to dealing with understanding it’s complexity. The theory is cohesive and comprehensive so if you’re truly interested in digging into it I’d say the best thing to do is to stick with it topic by topic. I am absolutely intending to do video tutorials that cover the ‘real world’ case study example used throughout the documentation (Crime Fighter 1). You’re a little ahead of me on that one, I’ve got a lot of video to create at this point now that I’ve opened Pandora’s box with the toolkit.

At some point I may post some topical lectures as well, again, ICI is a huge realm.

I have to say I’m very grateful and excited about your interest. It’s not for everybody and it all represents a lot of work over the course of my lifetime to date.

Not sure any of this helps answer your questions/comments, but I will follow up on your comments about my Blender usage for sure. As for ICI feel free to ask or explore as much as you’d like. It’s out there for all to interpret and use as they feel they can and I’l be glad to keep trying to answer any of your questions.

Stay tuned for a lot more instructional content

Again, thanks

Nick

1 Like