Using Blender for Motion Graphics

@blendswap, What about ads/donation buttons? How are we covering hosting fees?
@DeadFrame, That could be useful for author profiles in the site, good call

@DeadFrame, added some topics for myself to do.
@Januz, for now I will cover hosting, now the site is not on very good hosting just an FYI, if the site is popular and needs better hosting I’ve had the most success with ads. We can add donations but from my experience they don’t work out that well. Because we’ll be serving video more than likely from like youtube or vimeo a simple hosting plan should be enough, but we can cross that road once we get there.
matthew/mofx

Hey guys, when will the first tutorials come? :slight_smile:

Thanks @blendswap and @Januz. I have remade the animations and I think they looks better. This is the setup I used:

HD 720p
29.97 fps
Motion Blur shutter speed 1.0
Render PNGs and then make AVI - XVID animation

Blah, was really hoping to work on this during the weekend but my time was sucked up by other obligations. So here’s what I would like to do. I’d like to lock down our core contributors. So far we have myself, @Januz, and @Deadframe for tutorials. @Crazycourier would love to have your help with technical stuff and tuts if your willing, @elctronicpulse, @meschoyez you too. I think we’re looking for 3-5 core contributors for tuts, obviously if there is more that’s awesome. But just to get the ball rolling. Once the core is locked down, we’ll put the site in maintenance mode and start on content and presentation. Once the site is ready we will launch. If you want to help in some aspect let me know either here or through PM or sign up for an account at blendmo.org.
matthew

I love a good dolly zoom.

Should the tutorials be general or can they be effect specific? I guess using an actual result tends to engage the audience more than a bland tip or trick.

It would be better that are effect specific.

Everybody who signed in as contributor please send me your skype name over PM.

And here I am thinking I had all my social media sorted, but no I must’ve skipped Skype.

Could “Julperado” and “optec” contact me over PM. I don’t know your BA name.

Hmmm, what about branding for some site visibility? Would be nice to direct people via the tuts if they are viewed off site?

@3pointEdit, ya we will do something like that. First we need to get our contributors locked down, site designed, logo designed, content organized and created. Figure out some collaborating tools that work for everyone, etc, etc, etc… So people contributing, if you have already signed up on blendmo and have an account please go in and fill out the profile info, including an email that you check regularly. If you want to contribute and haven’t signed up to the site yet. Either PM @deadframe of myself and we’ll get you registered. Once all contributors are registered with emails I’ll start sending out emails and we can start to get organized.
Cheers
matthew

Hey, what happened with logo sketches? I thought there was going to be a blizzard of designs from a lot of people and then everyone got quiet :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been looking at some motion graphics sites. I couldn’t find any good examples of logos, but the general trend is sans-serif type (sometimes script) and keeping it very simple.

I made some quickies with some free fonts, so let’s get this brainstorming started!

(got too caried away at the bottom)

Yeah that’s cool. I think that it needs to suggest movement (duh) and somehow it’s Blender roots obviously. I haven’t had a chance to do a logo in… decades :frowning: I think that I should sit this one out.

EDIT:

I kind of like the 3rd one with the corrupted Blender logo that looks like a gear wheel. Gears move don’t they :wink:

Hey guys if you have an account on blendmo.org and have filled out your email address in your profile I just sent out the initial blendmo team email. Check your emails make sure you got it and please reply with your thought and ideas. @3pointEdit, you haven’t signed up for an account yet, you should register.
Cheers
matthew

I cant see where to register.

Oh dear I went to blendmo but found it under maintenance. I’m sorry I’ve been a bit busy.

Ready for another video that will blow your mind? This is a short tut on Ae, but I think we can all see how this would be much easier to do in Blender.

I think Andrew Price did a tutorial on that. Pretty cool effect.