Using Drivers on Animation

I’ve been trying to create a book and animating it … I’ve been following a tutorial… in the tutorial he is using 2.63 version… I’m working with Blender 2.73A…
I have the cover made, and I can use my controller bone to open and shut the book… am now working on creating the Binding…that the pages will be attached to… when the book is open, the binding is curved up and when the book is closed, the binding rests flat against the spine of the book… When I fix the binding so that it is flat against the spine and then open the book, the binding now has two raised areas instead of the one… In the tutorial, he used a driver to fix that… I followed everything step by step and checked my settings against his, but cannot get it to work… If I get the raised binding when it is open, then when the book is closed it is also raised…
I have redone it at least 7 times and cannot get it to work… not sure what i am missing or what is happening… here is my file… I do see one thing on my file that is not on his… some kind of error with the Python it says… but everything is entered as he says to do in the tutorial…
Is there a different way I can make this work? Am I missing something creating the driver? I’ve followed everything step by step… so am stumped at this point as to why it isn’t working… i’m learning Blender and enjoy creating the 3D things and learning the different animations…

Thank you in advance for any help you might can give me…
have a wonderful day

Attachments

BOOK ANIMATED 2.blend (708 KB)

Maybe this:
https://www.blender.org/manual/animation/drivers.html

Then way down near the bottom:

By default Blender will not autorun Python scripts.
If using a Scripted Expression Driver Type, you will have to open the file as Trusted Source, or set Auto Run Python Scripts in User Preferences ‣ File ‣ Auto Execution.

Okay. thank you so much for the response… I will try that…unless there is an easier way to make it work…
Sure do appreciate your reply

have a great day… will try it this afternoon

I clicked on reload trusted at the top and it is now working like it is supposed to … thank you thank you so much
for your help…
have a really wonderful day. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
now on with the rest of the book…