Ok, I’ve been having trouble for a while. I’m trying to create a full-circle ring using dupliverts in version 2.4.1 and I am having problems. So far, dupliverts have worked great for most of what I have needed but at this point, I need a full ring/torus shape that goes all the way around 360 degrees. However, it seems that I can’t do this thus far without a large gap being formed somewhere. I believe that this is the begginning and the end points and I can’t get them to connect, even by attempting to set the start and end points. Any ideas?
Spin is much easier for you purposes.
if not spin try this.
- in top view create a UV sphere.
- with veiw set to wire frame delete center most verts. 1 on top 1 on botom.
- still in top view and select 4 adjacent verts from the center and face them.
2 on top and the 2 directly below them.
- repeate step 3 till you have a spere with a cylindrical hole in the center.
- hit smooth 3 to 5 times. you will have a torus.
Spin is probebly easier.