using md5/direct x style bones in blender?

I am not very good at rigging/animation but would love to learn how these things work so I thought I’d come here and ask.

I was recently playing Zelda:TP and after enjoying the game grabbed some models for garry’s mod, learned how to export them into smd, imported that into 3ds max then exported that to md5 then imported that into blender (wee). I don’t know how to use 3ds max personally (and it’s not really legitimate which I feel bad about so I only use it as a medium to get things into blender ;P) Anyways, I’m sure anyone who’s imported game models that run through direct x noticed that if you click and drag a bone that is correctly imported, it will just pull that piece of the mesh. However, in 3ds, when you move the bones it moves the body like it should move, thought I’d take a screen shot to illustrate:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6382/midnatest.th.jpg

I’m sure many people who work with direct x know about this, my question is, is there a way to make the bones in blender act like they do in 3ds max? I realize if you’re rigging for a dx game you don’t need to move the bones around for realistic movement purposes, and if you’re rigging for blender you’d be making a skeleton structure instead, but I’m still curious if there is a way.

Thanks =)