Using the Floor constraint?

Floor

http://wiki.blender.org/uploads/7/7c/FloorConstraint.jpg
Animation Tip:
When you animate foot placement on the floor plane, always be sure to use the option VisualLoc from the Insert Key menu.

The Floor Constraint allows you to use a target object to specify the location of a plane which the affected object cannot pass through. In other words, it creates a floor! (or a ceiling, or a wall). This only works with planes of the global coordinate system. This means that if you rotate the target object, the floor plane will not be angled.

‘This means that if you rotate the target object, the floor plane will not be angled.’

What does that mean?
I ask because I was rotating a motorcycle object to simulate the leaning as you go around a curve, or corner, and then also had the rotation for the whole object to go around the corner, or an arc in the leaning direction.

It seemed to work fine, yet in the GE, the bike would dip below the ground on part of its travel, and come back up half way around the circle.

I never found an answer and just left it.

I was wondering if this would help? Or how you would use it?

Thanks for ANY help, :smiley:

Is there a tut someplace explaining some examples of using this constraint?

It means that even if you tilt the “floor Mesh” the constraint will be evaluated from the Global Coordinates (an invisible [virtual] plane) of the “floor Object”; ie, if you choose Z in the constraint’s tab the invisible plane thru which the constrained object cannot pass will be on the XY plane at the Z depth of the Object Center of the Target Object.

%<

Thank you, I had forgotten I posted this, until today! When I found it in a search for something else.

Silly Iti.

I think I understand… I will play with it and learn further.

Hmm. I tried this with the bones of a car to keep it from spinning in the floor, but it didnt work. Does anyone have an example or two of using this?

Thanks for your help.